This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Candidate for Governor of New Mexico|
|Born||January 3, 1969|
Albuquerque, New Mexico
|Spouse(s)||Mala Nani Htun|
|Residence||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|Alma mater||American University, School of International Service; Centre Europeen de Recherches Internationales et Strategiques|
|Profession||CEO, DW Turner, Inc.|
Early life and education
Turner graduated with a Bachelor of Arts form the American University School of International Service and has a master's degree in international relations from the Centre Europeen de Recherches Internationales et Strategiques, Universite Libre de Bruxelles/Universite de Paris Sud XI.
Turner was the state director (1994) and campaign manager (1998) for Gary Johnson's (R-NM) gubernatorial campaigns and worked as general consultant for both administrations. He also served as a deputy political director for Steve Forbes' 2000 bid for president of the United States. Turner managed campaigns for the U.S. Senate, the U.S. House of Representatives, the New Mexico state legislature and consulted on political campaigns in Asia and Europe.
He is a Term Member of the Council on Foreign Relations in 2005-2006, a life member of the American Council of Young Political Leaders, and a co-chair of the United World College - USA Alumni Council. He is a board member of the New Mexico Coalition for Charter Schools and sits on the Albuquerque Managing Committee of the National Dance Institute of New Mexico. Turner served three terms as Chairman of the New Mexico Judicial Standards Commission and a term on the Albuquerque Development Commission. He is a life member of the National Rifle Association. He also serves on the Advisory Board of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation.
A former syndicated columnist, Turner's articles have appeared in Time magazine, the Financial Times, the Far Eastern Economic Review, the Carnegie Council's Policy Innovations, and Japan's Yomiuri Shimbun.
A native New Mexican, Turner owns and operates DW Turner, a public relations firm in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- "Albuquerque Man Seeks GOP Gubernatorial Nod". Albuquerque Journal. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- "Republican Doug Turner wants to be the next Governor of New Mexico". [The New Mexico Independent]. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- "Leadership Profile". Council on Foreign Relations. Archived from the original on 2010-04-20. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- "New Mexico Coalition for Charter Schools – Board of Directors 2009 - 2010". [New Mexico Coalition for Charter Schools]. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- "Foundation Voices". Military Religious Freedom Foundation. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Abe's Boldness Key to Japan's Fortunes" (PDF). Daily Yomiuri. Retrieved 2009-11-13.