|Full name||Douglas Imrie|
|Date of birth||3 August 1983|
|Place of birth||Lanark, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Current club||Greenock Morton (captain)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:57, 22 February 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Douglas "Dougie" Imrie (born 3 August 1983) is a Scottish football player currently playing for Scottish side Greenock Morton. Imrie can play as either a forward or a winger, being used to great effect in both positions during his Clyde career. He has played at amateur, junior and senior level.
Imrie was born in Lanark and his first club was junior side Lanark United. He made 139 appearances for them, scoring 79 goals. He had previously played locally at boys club, youth and amateur level with Milton and Lesmahagow teams.
Imrie stepped up to the senior game when Graham Roberts signed him for Clyde in the January transfer window of 2006. Imrie made his debut in the 5–0 victory over Stranraer in the Scottish First Division. Imrie's first goal for Clyde was one to remember, a spectacular overhead volley from the edge of the area against Queen of the South. His next goal was also one to remember, as he scored the winner against Dundee at Dens Park with a goal from just over 30 yards. s In September 2006, Imrie was involved in a collision with Hamilton Academical player Ross McCabe, in which Imrie jumped out of the way of McCabe's tackle, and landed awkwardly on McCabe's neck. McCabe needed emergency assistance on the pitch, and had to retire from football as a result of an underlying heart condition that doctors discovered whilst treating him for the injury sustained in the accident.
Imrie's last Clyde goal was scored in his final game, in a 3–2 defeat against rivals Hamilton Academical on 26 January 2008. The goal wa a free kick from 25 yards out.
Inverness Caledonian Thistle
On 31 January 2008 he signed a two and half-year deal with Inverness Caledonian Thistle moving for a transfer fee of £45,000, depending on appearances.
Imrie settled in fairly well at "Caley Thistle" and registered two assists in a game against Gretna and scored his first goal, a free kick in a home game against Kilmarnock. He made his last appearance for Caley in a 1–0 win against Airdrie United.
Imrie signed for Hamilton Academical for close to £25,000 on 1 February 2010 and made his debut in the Lanarkshire derby with Motherwell on 6 February. In the first month after Hamilton's relegation, Imrie won the SFL Player of the Month award for August 2011. On 12 January 2012, Dundee United made an offer of £25,000 to Hamilton for Imrie, which was rejected.
Imrie left "Saints" to sign for local rivals Greenock Morton in July 2013. He scored his first goal for Morton in a 6–2 Scottish League Cup win over East Fife. He scored again against Celtic in the Scottish League Cup from the penalty spot on 24 September 2013.
- "Dougie Imrie Signed A Two-Year Extension on His Deal at Hamilton.". Hamilton Advertiser (Scottish & Universal Newspapers Limited). 15 July 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- Hamilton player still in hospital BBC Sport
- McCabe forced to give up football BBC Sport
- Accies new boy Dougie Imrie desperate to avoid relegation again Daily Record, 6 February 2010
- "Dundee United bid for Hamilton forward Dougie Imrie". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 12 January 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2012.
- "Hamilton forward Dougie Imrie completes St Mirren switch". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 20 January 2012. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- "Player News – Doug Imrie". Greenock Morton F.C. 13 July 2013. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- "East Fife 2 – 6 Morton". BBC. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
|Greenock Morton captain