||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
May 1, 1949 |
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, U.S.
Douglas Barr (born May 1, 1949) is an American actor, writer, and director. He has starred in movies and on television.
Barr was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. His big role came in the ABC TV series The Fall Guy as Howie Munson from 1981–1986. Barr then made some guest appearances on such series Fantasy Island, The Love Boat, Hotel, and Murder, She Wrote. His other well-known role was in the short-lived CBS TV series The Wizard as Alex Jagger from 1986–1987, and he later starred as Bill Stillfield in the hit CBS series Designing Women from 1988–1991.
His first feature film he starred in was the 1981 horror movie Deadly Blessing, and he also starred in The Unseen, another horror movie released the same year. Barr's most recent role was in the 1994 film Temptation, and he has since gone on to direct numerous TV movies.
- Deadly Blessing (1981)
- The Unseen (1981)
- The Fall Guy (1981 - 1986) TV series
- The Wizard (1986) TV series
- Designing Women TV series
- Rich Men, Single Women (1990) (TV)
- Spaced Invaders (1990)
- Menu for Murder (1990) (TV)
- But He Loves Me (1991) (TV)
- Lady Boss (1992)
- Temptation (1994 film) (1994)
- Half a Dozen Babies (1999) (director)
- Switched at Birth (1999) (director)
- For the Love of a Child (2006) (director)
- The Note (2007) (director)
- Taking a Chance on Love (2009) (director & writer)
- Secrets of the Mountain (2010) (director & writer)
- The Jensen Project (2010) (director)
- Douglas Barr at the Internet Movie Database
- Douglas Barr at AllMovie
- alumni newsmakers - Like a Fine Wine GWmagazine 1998
- The Wizard Official Fansite & Definitive Cyberhome
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|