Douglas C. Schmidt
In August 1994 he joined the faculty of Washington University in St. Louis. From August 1999 to December 2002 he was associate professor with tenure at the University of California, Irvine. During much of this time he worked for DARPA managing US federal funded research programs. In 2003 he became professor of computer Science at Vanderbilt University, and associate chair of computer science and engineering in December 2004. In August 2010 he became a deputy director, research, and chief technology officer at Carnegie Mellon University Software Engineering Institute. In April 2013 he became a director at RTI.
He led teams that developed an Adaptive Communication Environment (ACE), The ACE ORB (TAO), a component-integrated ACE ORB (CIAO), and an implementation of the Deployment and Configuration standard built on top of TAO (DAnCE). "ORB" refers to a key piece of the Common Object Request Broker Architecture. They were made available as open-source software.
- James. O. Coplien, Douglas C. Schmidt (May 1995). Pattern Languages of Program Design. ISBN 978-0-201-60734-5.
- Douglas Schmidt, Michael Stal, Hans Rohnert, Frank Buschmann (September 2000). Pattern-Oriented Software Architecture Volume 2: Patterns for Concurrent and Networked Objects. ISBN 978-0-471-60695-6.
- Douglas C. Schmidt; Stephen D. Huston (December 2001). C++ Network Programming, Volume I: Mastering Complexity with ACE and Patterns. ISBN 978-0-201-60464-1.
- Douglas C. Schmidt; Stephen D. Huston (November 2002). C++ Network Programming, Volume 2: Systematic Reuse with ACE and Frameworks. ISBN 978-0-201-79525-7.
- Markus Endler (Editor), Douglas Schmidt (Editor) (August 2003). Middleware 2003: ACM/IFIP/USENIX International Middleware Conference, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June 16–20, 2003, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science). ISBN 978-3-540-40317-3.
- Robert Meersman (Editor), Zahir Tari (Editor), Douglas C. Schmidt (Editor) (January 2004). Building Application Frameworks: Object-Oriented Foundations of Framework Design On The Move to Meaningful Internet Systems 2003: CoopIS, DOA, and ODBASE: OTM Confederated International Conferences, CoopIS, DOA, and ODBASE 2003, Catania, … 2003 (Lecture Notes in Computer Science). ISBN 978-3-540-20498-5.
- Frank Buschmann, Kevlin Henney, Douglas C. Schmidt (March 2007). Pattern-Oriented Software Architecture: A Pattern Language for Distributed Computing, Volume 4. ISBN 978-0-470-05902-9.
- Frank Buschmann; Kevlin Henney; Douglas C. Schmidt (June 2007). Pattern Oriented Software Architecture Volume 5: On Patterns and Pattern Languages. ISBN 978-0-471-48648-0.
- Gregor Engels (Editor), Bill Opdyke (Editor), Douglas C. Schmidt (Editor), Frank Weil (Editor) (October 2007). Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems: 10th International Conference, MoDELS 2007, Nashville, USA, September 30 – October 5, 2007, Proceedings … / Programming and Software Engineering). ISBN 978-3-540-75208-0.
- Mohamed E. Fayad; Douglas C. Schmidt; Ralph Johnson (September 2009). Implementing Application Frameworks: Object-Oriented Frameworks at Work. ISBN 978-0-471-25201-6.
- Mohamed E. Fayad; Douglas C. Schmidt; Ralph Johnson (September 2009). Building Application Frameworks: Object-Oriented Foundations of Framework Design. ISBN 978-0-471-24875-0.
- "Douglas C. Schmidt's Welcome Page". Faculy web site. Washington University, St. Louis. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- "Douglas C. Schmidt". Faculty web page. Vanderbilt University. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- "SEI Announces New Chief Technology Officer Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt". sei.cmu.edu.
- "RTI Welcomes New Board Member". rti.com.
- "Obtaining ACE, TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE". Download web site. Vanderbilt University. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- "CUJ and C++ Report Columns on Distributed Object Computing". cs.wustl.edu.
- "The Last Waltz, C++ Report, 1999". cs.wustl.edu.
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|