Douglas Corleone (born 1975) is an American author of contemporary crime novels and international thrillers. His debut novel One Man's Paradise won the Minotaur Books/Mystery Writers of America First Crime Novel Award.
Kevin Corvelli Mysteries
Douglas Corleone’s first three novels feature the anti-hero protagonist Kevin Corvelli, a hard-drinking Honolulu criminal defense attorney seeking redemption following a high-profile professional free-fall in New York City.
The Kevin Corvelli series includes One Man’s Paradise, Night on Fire, and Last Lawyer Standing.
Simon Fisk Thrillers
Corleone’s fourth novel Good As Gone is an international thriller that introduces former U.S. Marshal Simon Fisk, a private contractor who specializes in retrieving children abducted by their estranged parents and taken overseas to avoid U.S. custody laws. Haunted by his own daughter’s disappearance a decade earlier, Simon Fisk refuses to take cases involving “stranger abductions,” until a French police lieutenant presents Simon with an ultimatum: spend years in a French prison in connection with an earlier case, or help to find a young American girl named Lindsay Sorkin, who was recently abducted from her parents’ hotel room in Paris.
The Simon Fisk series also includes Payoff and Gone Cold, which was released in 2015.
Paul Janson Series
In 2013, Corleone was selected by the Estate of Robert Ludlum, creator of the Jason Bourne series, to continue Ludlum’s series of thrillers featuring ex-Navy SEAL and former government covert agent Paul Janson, who first appeared in the bestselling novel The Janson Directive. Other books in the series include The Janson Command and The Janson Option, both written by Paul Garrison.
The fourth novel in the Paul Janson series, titled The Janson Equation, was released in June 2015.
- One Man’s Paradise (Minotaur Books, 2010)
- Night on Fire (Minotaur Books, 2011)
- Last Lawyer Standing (Minotaur Books, 2012)
- Good As Gone (Minotaur Books, 2013)
- Payoff (Minotaur Books, 2014)
- Gone Cold (Minotaur Books, 2015)
- Robert Ludlum's The Janson Equation (Grand Central, 2015)
- 2009 Minotaur Books/Mystery Writers of America First Crime Novel Award
- 2011 Shamus Award Finalist for Best First Novel
- "U.S. Macmillan's Douglas Corleone page". Macmillan U.S. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- Berger, John. "'Fire' an engaging ride through modern Oahu". Honolulu Star-Advertiser. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Hawaii Book and Music Festival, Douglas Corleone". Hawaii Book and Music Festival. Archived from the original on 13 August 2013. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Fiction Review: Good As Gone". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- Corleone, Douglas. "Official Website". Douglas Corleone. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- Cogdill, Oline. "Douglas Corleone and Robert Ludlum". Mystery Scene Magazine. Mystery Scene. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Crime Novelists". Omnimystery. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Ex-Lawyer Writes Own 'Paradise' After Move to Kapolei". Midweek. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "The Shamus Awards bestowed by the Private Eye Writers of America". Thrilling Detective Website. Retrieved 13 August 2013.