This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Parent||Montauk Battery Realty|
Douglas Elliman is an American real estate company.
Douglas Elliman employs more than 7,000 agents and has 113 offices in New York City and across the country. The company also controls a portfolio of real estate services including Douglas Elliman Development Marketing, Douglas Elliman Property Management, DE Commercial and DE Title.
History and overview
Douglas Elliman was founded in 1911 as a basement store at 421 Madison Avenue in Manhattan. The company was sold to the Milstein family (Seymour Milstein and Paul Milstein) in 1989 and then again to Insignia Financial Group (now CB Richard Ellis). In 2003 Insignia sold Douglas Elliman to Montauk Battery Realty, an affiliate of Vector Group's New Valley LLC subsidiary.
In 2012, the company dropped “Prudential” from its name, returning to its original 1911 name. It is strategic partners with London-based Knight Frank LLP for residential business. Douglas Elliman affiliates include DE Property Management, DE Title and DE Capital Mortgage.
Douglas Elliman New York
Douglas Elliman operates in the New York Metropolitan area, with 22 offices in New York City, 26 offices in Long Island, and six offices in Westchester and Connecticut. The company releases quarterly market reports and guides by borough within New York City as well as for its other metropolitan location that are often used to measure real estate activity by entities such as The New York Times and Crain’s New York Business.
Douglas Elliman Florida
Douglas Elliman operates throughout South Florida. The company's Miami flagship office at 1111 Lincoln Road in South Beach, is one of five South Beach offices, with 14 additional offices in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Palm Beach, Wellington, Jupiter, Delray Beach and Aventura.
In September 2013, Douglas Elliman named Jay Phillip Parker, a Florida attorney and real estate entrepreneur, as CEO of their Florida brokerage.
Douglas Elliman California
Elliman officially launched its Beverly Hills flagship as the headquarters of its Western Region expansion in 2015. Designed by award-winning architect Patrick Tighe, the flagship space takes on a California-inspired, contemporary interior featuring a dramatic Venetian plaster staircase that unites the two-level, smart technology office. The 11,000 sq. ft. space located at the former William Morris Agency’s El Camino address, accommodates more than 100 agents, executive staff and a West Coast team for Douglas Elliman Development Marketing.
In 2017, Douglas Elliman agreed to acquire Teles Properties, a local rival with offices throughout Southern California. When Douglas Elliman completes the acquisition, the combined firm will have 20 offices and 630 sales associates within the state, making it the second-largest non-franchise residential brokerage in California based on sales volume, behind only Pacific Union. Last year, Elliman and Teles combined had sales volume of about $4 billion in California and $27.4 billion nationwide, according to Douglas Elliman. Following the acquisition, the Teles name will be dropped. 
Douglas Elliman Hamptons
Douglas Elliman operates in the Hamptons, with 9 offices and over 300 agents serving the Hamptons of Long Island including Montauk, Sagaponack, Westhampton, East Hampton, Southampton, Bridgehampton, Hampton Bays, Sag Harbor, and Quogue. The company's Hamptons flagship office is at 2488 Main Street Bridgehampton and is one of the 9 East End offices.
Douglas Elliman Westchester and Connecticut
Douglas Elliman has 6 offices and over 300 sales agents serving the suburban markets north of New York City including greater Westchester/Putnam and Fairfield County markets. The company's office at 101 King Street, Chappaqua serves as the headquarter office for its established Westchester County offices in Scarsdale, Chappaqua, Armonk, Bedford and Katonah. In 2014, Douglas Elliman opened its flagship office at 88 Field Point Road in Greenwich, CT which serves the entire Fairfield County market and surroundings.
Douglas Elliman contributes to a variety of charities, including the American Heart Association, Central Park Conservancy, the Gold Coast Film Festival, and Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City. Causes unique to individual brokers are also listed on the company website. In 2013, the company donated $100,000 to the Southampton Hospital Foundation.
- "About - Douglas Elliman". www.elliman.com.
- "Insignia Financial Group Sells Residential Business to Montauk Battery Realty, LLC". RISMedia. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Douglas Elliman officially drops "Prudential" from brokerage name". The Real Deal. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- "Douglas Elliman Celebrates South Florida Agents With 2012 Awards Ceremony At Cipriani". Yahoo! Finance. Archived from the original on 2013-11-04. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- "Douglas Elliman Offices". Douglas Elliman Real Estate. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Anuta, Joe. "Luxury housing market lifts Hamptons". Crain's New York. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Finn, Robin. "Home Sales Rose in Tighter Manhattan Market, Report Says". The New York Times. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "Member Firms". www.rebny.com. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- [dead link]
- "New York Realty Giant Douglas Elliman Adds Flagship Office - Miami Today". miamitodaynews.com. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- "Douglas Elliman Offices in Florida". Douglas Elliman Real Estate. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-11-03. Retrieved 2013-10-31.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Khouri, Andrew (31 July 2017). "Luxury real estate brokerage Douglas Elliman to purchase Beverly Hills rival Teles". Retrieved 6 December 2017 – via LA Times.
- Bernstein, Fred A. "New Brokerage Donates Portion of Fees to Charity". The New York Times. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "Douglas Elliman Real Estate Sponsors Annual Gold Coast Film Festival In Support Of Local Arts And Cinema". KCTV. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "Douglas Elliman Donates $100K to Southampton Hospital Foundation from Sale of Former Hospital Thrift Shop". Southampton Hospital. Archived from the original on 2013-11-02. Retrieved 22 October 2013.