|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
28 October 1913|
London, England, United Kingdom
|Died||13 June 1999
New York, New York, U.S.
|Years active||1932-1997 (retired)|
Douglas Seale (28 October 1913 – 13 June 1999) was an English stage and film actor.
He provided the voice of Krebbs the koala in The Rescuers Down Under (1990) and, two years later, the Sultan in Aladdin (1992) (with Val Bettin replacing him in the later productions). He also appeared in several films including Milos Forman's Amadeus (1984) and Ernest Saves Christmas (1988) in which he played Santa Claus. He appeared in the 1986 Christmas film, A Smoky Mountain Christmas, as Vernon. In 1989, he appeared in the Family Ties episode "Get Me to the Living Room on Time".
He also played a character "Malcolm" in the 1995 game Phantasmagoria.
Seale's third wife (after two divorces) was American film, TV and stage actress, Louise Troy. They were married until her death from breast cancer, aged 60, on 5 May 1994. Douglas had a small starring role working as Santa in Steven Spielberg's "Amazing Stories".
He died in New York City on 13 June 1999, aged 85. He was cremated and his ashes were scattered into the Atlantic Ocean.
- Stop Press Girl (1949) - Jeweller's Assistant (uncredited)
- Amadeus (1984) - Count Arco
- Heaven Help Us (1985) - Brother Domenic
- A Smoky Mountain Christmas (1986) - Vernon
- Ernest Saves Christmas (1988) - Santa
- Ghostbusters II (1989) - Plaza Hotel Man
- A More Perfect Union (1989) - Lord Carmarthen
- Mr. Destiny (1990) - Boswell
- The Rescuers Down Under (1990) - Krebbs, The Koala (voice)
- Almost an Angel (1990) - Father
- Aladdin (1992) - Sultan (voice)
- For Love or Money (1993) - Freddy
- Palookaville (1995) - Old Man (Last appearance)
- "Louise Troy". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2012-06-13.
|This article about an English actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|