|Full name||Douglas Esteban Sequeira Solano|
|Date of birth||23 August 1977|
|Place of birth||San José, Costa Rica|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|1998||→ Excelsior (loan)|
|2006||Real Salt Lake||18||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Sequeira started his career in Costa Rica by playing for Saprissa in 1995. He moved abroad after the 1997 FIFA World Youth Championship to spend time in Europe with Feyenoord, who loaned him to then feeder club Excelsior for whom he made his debut in the Eerste Divisie against Emmen on 18 October 1997. In 1999, he signed for two years for German second division side Karlsruhe alongside compatriot Mínor Díaz, playing 24 matches, before returning to Costa Rica and Saprissa.
Major League Soccer
He was originally acquired by Major League Soccer and Real Salt Lake from Saprissa in exchange for Pablo Brenes, and was immediately sent to Chivas USA for a draft pick, and spent a year with the team. Subsequently, Sequeira ended up at Real Salt Lake but was waived following the 2006 season.
In December 2006, he signed a three-year contract with Norwegian club Tromsø. Sequeira got a good start to his career at Tromsø, scoring the 1–0 winning goal in the 8th minute of his first official match for the club, against Vålerenga on 9 April 2007. On 30 July 2009, Sequeira played his last match for Tromsø at Alfheim Stadion. He will return to Costa Rica and Saprissa, after playing against Vålerenga on 9 August 2009.
Sequeira has played for the Costa Rica national football team on various youth levels, and received his first senior cap in a February 1999 friendly match against Jamaica. Since then he has represented the national team 42 times scoring twice. He played in the 1997 FIFA World Youth Championship, held in Malaysia, and the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
- Scores and results list Costa Rica's goal tally first.
|1.||12 June 2004||Estadio Pedro Marrero, Havana, Cuba||Cuba||1–0||2–2||2006 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|2.||25 February 2005||Estadio Mateo Flores, Guatemala City, Guatemala||Guatemala||2–0||4–0||2005 UNCAF Nations Cup|
- Douglas camino al Feyenoord - Nación (in Spanish)
- Sequeira se consolida■Es titular en las filas del Excelsior de Rotterdam - Nación (in Spanish)
- Con alma campesina - Nación (in Spanish)
- "Sequeira, Douglas". Kicker. Archived from the original on 2014-12-14. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- Douglas Sequeira deja la ‘liga del frío’ por razones familiares - Nación (in Spanish)
- Chivas USA contrató a defensor costarricense Douglas Sequeira - Nación (in Spanish)
- Cuatro ticos procurarán la revancha en la MLS - Nación (in Spanish)
- Arrancó el futbol de Noruega Sequeira le dio la victoria al Tromso con un golazo - Nación (in Spanish)
- Vemodig Douglas Archived 2010-04-09 at the Wayback Machine TIL.no
- Douglas Sequeira: ‘Me voy realizado, creo que no me faltó nada’ - Nación (in Spanish)
- Douglas Sequeira es el nuevo director técnico del Alto Rendimiento del Saprissa - Nación (in Spanish)
- "Costa Rica - Record International Players". RSSSF. Archived from the original on 2009-07-06. Retrieved 2009-04-07.
- Douglas Sequeira – FIFA competition record (archived)
- "Costa Rican suspended for foul vs. U.S. team". Deseret News. 2005-06-23. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- Douglas Sequeira sueña con entrenar niños tras su retiro - Al Día (in Spanish)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Douglas Sequeira.|
- Douglas Sequeira at National-Football-Teams.com