Douglas Township, Jackson County, Kansas
Location in Jackson County
|• Total||64.81 sq mi (167.86 km2)|
|• Land||64.77 sq mi (167.75 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.11 km2) 0.07%|
|Elevation||1,053 ft (321 m)|
|• Density||33/sq mi (12.7/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0478303|
Douglas Township was organized in 1855.
Douglas Township covers an area of 64.81 square miles (167.86 square kilometers); of this, 0.04 square miles (0.11 square kilometers) or 0.07 percent is water. The streams of Middle Fork Muddy Creek and Spring Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Cedar Township (north)
- Delaware Township, Jefferson County (northeast)
- Rock Creek Township, Jefferson County (east)
- Soldier Township, Shawnee County (south)
- Menoken Township, Shawnee County (southwest)
- Lincoln Township (northwest)
- Washington Township (west)
The township contains four cemeteries: Hoyt, Hoyt, Mayetta and Steward.
- Barr, Elizabeth N. (1907). Business directory and history of Jackson County. p. 72.
|This article about a location in Jackson County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|