Douro Film Harvest
|This article does not cite any sources. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Douro Film Harvest is the first totally decentralized international summit of cinema, that takes place in Alto Douro Wine Region,a area classified by UNESCO as World Heritage Patrimony and homeland of Porto Wine.
The awards assigned are
- CastaDouro Career, to a person which career had been important to the history of 7th Art
- CastaDouro Special Guest
- CastaDouro Best Film, to the only section in competition, the Vintage Selection.
This event is organized by Turismo do Douro, with the support of Port and Douro Wine Institute (IVDP), Douro Mission Structure, Turismo de Portugal and production of Expanding World.
Douro Film Harvest 2009
On its first edition, Douro Film Harvest brought to Portugal the following guests:
In competition, at Vintage Selection, were the following films:
- 33 scenes from life by Malgoska Szumowska
- About Elly by Asghar Farhadi
- Alice in Land by Esteban Larrain
- Dawn of the world" by Abbas Fahdel
- Don't think about white monkeys by Yuri Mamin
- March by Händl Klaus
- Parque via by Enrique Rivero
- Wolfy by Vasili Sigarev (winner)
Douro Film Harvest 2010
In 2010, Douro Film Harvest had as guests
In competition in the Vintage Selection were
- 5 x favela, now by ourselves, several directors
- Of Love and other Demons by Hilda Hidalgo
- I, Don Giovanni by Carlos Saura (winner)
- How ended this summer by Alexei Popogrebsky
- Nanga Parbat by Joseph Vilsmaier
- The last flight of flamingo by João Ribeiro
- Solitary Man by David Lean and Brian Koppelman
- South of the Border by Oliver Stone
- The Ghost Writer by Roman Polanski
Douro Film Harvest 2011
The third edition of Douro Film Harvest will take place between the 5 and 11 September 2011.