Dovid Gottlieb (born Dale Victor Gottlieb) is a senior faculty member at Ohr Somayach in Jerusalem. An author and lecturer, Rabbi Gottlieb received his Ph.D. in mathematical logic at Brandeis University and later become Professor of Philosophy at Johns Hopkins University. A student of Jean Van Heijenoort, he received a doctorate in 1970 for his thesis The Use of Formal Systems in Logic and Mathematics. The Informed Soul was published by Artscroll in 1990, and has recently been reprinted.
- Ontological Economy: Substitutional Quantification and Mathematics, OUP, 1980
- The Informed Soul, Artscroll/Mesorah, 1990
- Reason to Believe , Mosaica Press, 2017
- "The Use of Formal Systems in Logic and Mathematics". Google Books. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- Dovid Gottlieb at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
|This biographical article about an Israeli rabbi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|