Dow Medical College
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
Dow Medical College (Urdu: ڈاؤ طبی کالج) is a public medical school located in the city of Karachi, Pakistan. In 2003, it became a constituent college of the newly formed Dow University of Health Sciences.
E-CME Program at Dow University of Health Sciences
DUHS is launching its web-based Continuing Medical Education Program named the "e-CME Program for the Family Physicians".
Social service activities
Patients' Welfare Association, also known as PWA, is one of the largest and oldest student run volunteer NGO of Pakistan. Students of Dow Medical College have been managing it since 1979. The organization serves patients coming to Civil Hospital Karachi, helping them through its Blood Bank, Drug Bank, Thalassemia Services, General and Tuberculosis Follow Up Clinics.
- Adeebul Hasan Rizvi – Transplant Urologist, philanthropist and head of Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation.
- Rafat Hussain – Deputy Head of the School of Rural Medicine at the University of New England, Australia
- Ishrat-ul-Ibad Khan – Governor of Sindh, Pakistan.
- Shahbudin Rahimtoola - Cardiologist at Mayo Clinic
- Syed A. Hoda - Professor of Pathology, Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University.
- Lubna Ahmad - Board certified in Endocrinology, fellow of the American College of Endocrinology and American College of Physicians, Las Vegas.
- Fahad Mirza - Actor and Model
- Nasira Rubina, MD - Gwinnett Psychiatry.
- Dr. Abdulaziz Almouhazae - Urologist, Head of medical services in the Saudi National Guard - Eastern Province (retired).
- Najam Abbasi – Poet, novelist
Syed Atezaz Saeed, MD, MS, FACPsych- Professor and Chairman, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina. Director, North Carolina Statewide Telepsychiatry Program (NC-STeP).
- Official Website of Dow University of Health Sciences
- DOW Graduates Association of North America (DOGANA)
- DOW Graduates Association of Northern Europe
- DUHS e-CME Programme
- Dow University of Health Sciences – Official website
- Complete Profile – Business Recorder.com
- DUHS e-CME Programme