Dowlingville, South Australia
Dowlingville Uniting (formerly Methodist) Church in 2012
|Population||490 (shared with adjoining localities in the “State Suburb of Price”) (2011 census)|
|Time zone||ACST (UTC+9:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||ACST (UTC+10:30)|
|Location||89 km (55 mi) north-west of Adelaide|
|LGA(s)||Yorke Peninsula Council|
|Region||Yorke and Mid North|
Dowlingville is a locality in the Australian state of South Australia located on the east coast of Yorke Peninsula immediately adjoining Gulf St Vincent about 89 kilometres (55 miles) north-west of the state capital of Adelaide. Its boundaries were created in May 1999.
This is essentially a farming district, so that it is not surprising to find only a few houses, a store, a post office conducted by Mr. Whittaker, a State school, in charge of Mrs Lewis and a church. Only a few years ago this country was covered with scrub. Industry and manures have transformed the district considerably...
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dowlingville, South Australia.|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Price". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "Search result for "Dowlingville (Locality Bounded)" (Record no SA0020604) with the following layers selected - "suburbs and localities"". Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "Dowlingville, South Australia (Postcode)". postcodes-australia.com. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "Yorke and Mid North SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- Narungga (Map). Electoral District Boundaries Commission. 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Federal electoral division of Grey" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 15 July 2019.
- "Monthly climate statistics: Summary statistics PRICE". Commonwealth of Australia , Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- Kentish, P. M. (27 May 1999), "GEOGRAPHICAL NAMES ACT 1991, Notice to Assign Boundaries and Names to Places" (PDF), The South Australian Government Gazette (68): 2696, retrieved 14 September 2017
- "Dowlingville". State Library of South Australia. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "Dowlingville Post Office". Department of Environment Water and Natural Resources. 16 March 2000. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "Development Plan - Yorke Peninsula Council" (PDF). Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure. pp. 336–340. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 June 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
|This South Australia geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|