Down AKA Kilo
|Down AKA Kilo|
|Birth name||Juan Martinez|
January 13, 1985 |
Oxnard, California, United States
|Labels||Silent Giant, Machete, Universal|
Juan Martinez (born January 13, 1985), better known by his stage name Down AKA Kilo, is an American rapper from Oxnard, California.
Martinez was born in Oxnard; his parents were undocumented immigrants from Mexico. Growing up, he listened to Cypress Hill and N.W.A and began rapping at age 13. He made his first recordings at the garage of childhood friend Edward "E-Dub" Rios, who would later become producer of the Power 106 radio show Pocos Pero Locos. He released his debut album California Cowboyz in 2003, and his second album Definition of an Ese in 2007, with two singles from the album, "Lean like a Cholo" and "Definition of an Ese."
|Year||Title||Peak chart position|
|US R&B||US Heatseekers|
|2007||Definition of an Ese
|Year||Title||Peak chart position||Album|
|2007||"Lean like a Cholo"||34||15||Definition of an Ese|
- "Juan Martinez search". California Birth Index. FamilyTreeLegends.com.
- Ben-Yehuda, Ayala (April 27, 2007). "Down aka Kilo". Billboard. Archived from the original on June 17, 2007.
- Cordor, Cyril (2007). "Down aka Kilo Biography". allmusic. Retrieved April 17, 2011.
- Barlow, Zeke (March 31, 2009). "Oxnard rapper injured in New Mexico crash". Ventura County Star. Retrieved September 5, 2011.
- "The Definition of an Ese". Billboard.com. Retrieved April 17, 2011.
- "Lean like a Cholo". Billboard.com. Retrieved April 17, 2011.