Down at the Twist and Shout
|"Down at the Twist and Shout"|
|Single by Mary Chapin Carpenter|
|from the album Shooting Straight in the Dark|
|B-side||"Halley Came to Jackson"|
|Released||June 3, 1991|
|Writer(s)||Mary Chapin Carpenter|
|Producer(s)||Mary Chapin Carpenter, John Jennings|
|Mary Chapin Carpenter singles chronology|
"Down at the Twist and Shout" is a song written and recorded by American country music artist Mary Chapin Carpenter. It was released in June 1991 as the third single from the album Shooting Straight in the Dark. The song reached number 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. The Cajun-themed song features backing from members of BeauSoleil, who are also name-dropped in the lyrics. Carpenter (and BeauSoleil) performed the song pregame at Super Bowl XXXI.
The music video was directed by Jack Cole and premiered in mid-1991.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||7|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||82|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||47|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 69.
- Shooting Straight in the Dark (CD). Mary Chapin Carpenter. Columbia Records. 1990. CK 46077.
- , accessed March 20, 2011.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 1628." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. September 21, 1991. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- "Mary Chapin Carpenter – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Mary Chapin Carpenter.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1991". RPM. December 21, 1991. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- "Best of 1991: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1991. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|