This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
History and profile
The magazine was started in 1988 with the name Downhomer Newspaper. It focuses on lifestyle in Newfoundland and Labrador, with columns like Notes From Home, Family & Friends, Discovery, Healthy Living, Food & Leisure and features submissions by its reader in the forms of stories, poems, photos or letters. It is the largest paid circulation magazine in Atlantic Canada and is #31 among all paid circulation magazines in Canada. More than 50,000 copies of the magazine are published each month and are distributed worldwide. The magazine started as a tabloid publication in the Greater Toronto Area.
To complement the magazine, there are also two Downhome stores, one located in St. John's and the other in Twillingate. The company also sells items worldwide via its website and runs fundraisers for organizations and schools selling subscriptions and goods.
- "Downhome magazine". Downhome Media. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- Heidi Waechtler (29 January 2013). The Canadian Writer's Market, 19th Edition: The Essential Guide for Freelance Writers. McClelland & Stewart. p. 70. ISBN 978-0-7710-4623-0. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- Grant Young. "Down home life is better". Maclean's. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- "Downhome Magazine - About US".
- "Getting the Message Out - Downhomer".
- "ShopDownhome - Store Location".
- "Downhome Magazine - Fundraising".