SEPTA Regional Rail commuter rail station
Philadelphia-bound platform at Downingtown station.
|Location||198 West Lancaster Avenue
and Stuart Avenue
Downingtown, PA 19335
|Operated by||Amtrak & SEPTA|
|Line(s)||Keystone Corridor (Main Line)
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections|| Krapf's Transit Route A
TMACC Beeline Bus
|Structure type||Enclosed plexiglas shelters|
|Parking||360 spaces (226 daily, 134 municipal)|
|Bicycle facilities||2 racks (4 spaces)|
|Station code||DOW (Amtrak)|
|Fare zone||4 (SEPTA)|
|Passengers (2016)||77,574 26.3% (Amtrak)|
|Passengers (2012)||359 (weekday boardings) (SEPTA)|
Downingtown station is a commuter and intercity passenger rail station located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia at West Lancaster Avenue & Stuart Avenue in Downingtown, Pennsylvania. It is served by most Amtrak Keystone Service and SEPTA Paoli/Thorndale Line, and until November 7, 2011 one Sunday eastbound Pennsylvanian trains.
The original Downingtown station was built in the 19th century by the Pennsylvania Railroad, and was destroyed by fire in the early 1990s. The foundation from the old station can still be seen today.
There is no ticket office at this station. There are 360 parking spaces for daily parking at the station–223 spaces are owned by SEPTA, and the remaining are part of an adjacent municipal lot. This is 32.8 track miles from Philadelphia's Suburban Station. Downingtown is the western-most Amtrak station on the Keystone Corridor that is also served by SEPTA's Paoli/Thorndale service. Additionally, the Krapf's Transit Route A and TMACC Beeline buses serve the station. In 2011, the average total weekday boardings at this station was 359, and the average total weekday alightings was 315.
- "Transportation Planning for the Philadelphia–Harrisburg "Keystone" Railroad Corridor" (PDF). Federal Railroad Administration. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 21, 2011. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Amtrak State Fact Sheet, FY2016, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2016. Retrieved 7 December 2016.
- "Fiscal Year 2011 Annual Service Plan" (PDF). SEPTA. pp. 71–72. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 February 2013. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Pennsylvania Railroad Stations Past and Present
- SEPTA – Downingtown Station
- Amtrak – Stations – Downingtown, PA
- Downingtown, PA (DOW) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
- Downingtown Amtrak-SEPTA Station (USA RailGuide – Train Web)
- Images of the Old Downingtown station, south side c.1900
- Station from Google Maps Street View
|This Pennsylvania train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to SEPTA is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|