Downingtown (SEPTA station)
SEPTA Regional Rail commuter rail station
Philadelphia-bound platform at Downingtown Station.
|Location||198 West Lancaster Avenue
and Stuart Avenue
Downingtown, PA 19335
|Operated by||Amtrak & SEPTA|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections|| Krapf's Transit Route A
TMACC Beeline Bus
|Structure type||Enclosed plexiglas shelters|
|Parking||360 spaces (226 daily, 134 municipal)|
|Bicycle facilities||2 racks (4 spaces)|
|Station code||DOW (Amtrak)|
|Fare zone||5 (SEPTA)|
|Passengers (2013)||68,918 5.5% (Amtrak)|
|Passengers (2012)||359 (weekday boardings) (SEPTA)|
Downingtown Station is a commuter rail station located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia at West Lancaster Avenue & Stuart Avenue in Downingtown, Pennsylvania. It is served by Amtrak Keystone Service and SEPTA Paoli/Thorndale Line trains.
The original Downingtown Station was built in the 19th century by the Pennsylvania Railroad, and was destroyed by fire in the early 1990s. The foundation from the old station can still be seen today.
There is no ticket office at this station. There are 360 parking spaces for daily parking at the station–223 spaces are owned by SEPTA, and the remaining are part of an adjacent municipal lot. This is 32.8 track miles from Philadelphia's Suburban Station. Downingtown is the western-most Amtrak station on the Keystone Corridor that is also served by SEPTA's Paoli/Thorndale service. Additionally, the Krapf's Transit Route A and TMACC Beeline buses serve the station. In 2011, the average total weekday boardings at this station was 359, and the average total weekday alightings was 315.
- "Transportation Planning for the Philadelphia–Harrisburg "Keystone" Railroad Corridor" (PDF). Federal Railroad Administration. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- "Fiscal Year 2011 Annual Service Plan" (PDF). SEPTA. pp. 71–72. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Pennsylvania Railroad Stations Past and Present
- Amtrak – Stations – Downingtown, PA
- Downingtown Amtrak-SEPTA Station (USA RailGuide – Train Web)
- Krapf's Transit Homepage
- Krapf's Transit Route A Schedule
- TMACC Beeline Bus
- Old Downingtown PRR Station, south side c.1900
- Downingtown, PA (DOW) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
- Station from Google Maps Street View
|This Pennsylvania train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to SEPTA is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|