Downtown MRT station
Exit E of the station
|Location||15 Central Boulevard|
|Operated by||SBS Transit DTL|
|Opened||22 December 2013|
Situated underneath Central Boulevard, it primarily serves the Marina Bay Financial Centre and the future commercial developments in the Marina Bay area. It is within walking distance to Raffles Place MRT station on the North South and East West lines.
During the Circle Line Stage 1 planning, the Circle Line Extension was planned to terminate at Chinatown, and was used by both Circle Line and Eastern Region Line all the way until 2007. Now, the section between Bayfront and Chinatown is used by the current Downtown Line Stage 1. The station was renamed from Landmark to Downtown on 11 January 2011.
Art in Transit
Illustrations on the walls of the station titled, "Leaves" by Jason Lim shows a connection of dense cell network of bamboo leaves and the business and financial services in the vicinity.
- A : The Lawn @ Marina Bay (opp Marina Bay Suites)
- B : Marina Bay Link Mall (Level B1)
- C : Marina Bay Financial Centre (via Marina Bay Link Mall)
- D : One Raffles Quay
- E : Central Boulevard (Asia Square Tower 1, One Shenton Condominium)
- F : Marina Bay Suites
- "Downtown Line 1: Art-In-Transit" (PDF). Land Transport Authority. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Downtown MRT Station.|
|This Singapore MRT-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|