|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Professional network service|
San Francisco, California (2011)
|CEO||Jeff Tangney (co-founder of Epocrates)|
Doximity is an online networking service for medical professionals. Launched in 2011, the platform offers its members curated medical news, case collaboration and messaging capabilities.
By 2013, it became one of the largest networks for U.S. healthcare professionals, with approximately 10 percent of U.S. doctors as members. By the beginning of 2014, 40 percent of U.S. physicians became members. In 2018, the company announced that it had reached 1 million members, accounting for more than 70 percent of U.S. physicians.
In November 2019, Doximity was listed in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ List for the fourth consecutive year
In April 2020, Doximity published the Largest National Poll of U.S. Doctors’ Views on COVID-19 Pandemic 
In May 2020, Doximity Launched Dialer Video, a simple, secure telehealth app enables physicians to video call patients on any smartphone 
In April 2014, the company announced it had raised a $54 million financing round led by the venture capital firm Draper Fisher Jurvetson and the mutual fund company T. Rowe Price. Morgan Stanley Investment Management also invested. This investment brought Doximity's total funding to $81 million.
Doximity received $10.8 million in venture capital funding from Emergence Capital Partners and Interwest Partners in March 2011 and $17 million in Series B funding led by Morgenthaler Ventures in September 2012.
In 2014, Doximity launched Residency Navigator, a tool to help medical students find residency programs that fit their professional needs. The Residency Navigator uses user-submitted evaluations and collected data to create a database of US residency programs, which students can then search and compare programs through.
In 2016, Doximity built Dialer, a free communication tool that makes it easier for physicians to call their patients. With the Doximity Dialer app, physicians can call patients from their personal cell phone and the patient sees the doctor's office as caller ID. Doctors can conveniently make calls when on-the-go and patients are more likely to pick up a call from a familiar number.
In May 2020, Doximity released Dialer Video, a simple telemedicine tool that enables physicians to video call their patients in a reliable and secure way, directly from the doctor’s own smartphone. 
- "Venturebeat.com - Facebook for Doctors Network Doximity Tackles America’s 5th-leading Cause of Death"
- "Doximity's physician social network adds new features to enable more meaningful interactions". iMedicalApps. 2012-06-14. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- "Doximity: A social media platform doctors can trust". Modern Healthcare. 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- CEO, Doximity (2017-10-18). "Jeff Tangney". Crain's. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- Buck, Shari; Buck, Shari. "Forbes Technology Council". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- "Doximity — the 'LinkedIn for doctors' — has signed up more than half of U.S. physicians". VentureBeat. 2014-12-09. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- "Washington Post: Doximity, the social network for physicians, continues impressive growth
- Montini, Laura (2014-12-09). "Half of All Doctors Use This Social Network You've Never Heard of". Inc.com. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- "Doximity: Financing a Social Network for Physicians". Stanford Graduate School of Business. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- "With 40% Of U.S. Doctors Signed On, Doximity's Jeff Tangney Reveals How The Social Network For M.D.s Hit The Tipping Point". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-07-22.
- "Doximity hits 1M member milestone in 2017: 3 things to know". www.beckershospitalreview.com. Retrieved 2019-07-22.
- "2016 Winners by rank" (PDF). Deloitte. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- "People On The Move". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2019-08-27.
- https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/technology-media-and-telecommunications/articles/fast500-winners.html. Missing or empty
- https://medcitynews.com/2020/04/physician-surveys-show-widespread-concern-about-access-to-testing-medical-supplies/. Missing or empty
- https://www.kron4.com/features/kron4-heroes/digital-health-company-launches-new-feature-to-help-physicians-securely-video-call-patients/. Missing or empty
- Alden, William. "Doximity, an Online Network for Doctors, Raises $54 Million". New York Times. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "Doximity Raises $10.8M, Helps Physicians Connect On The Web – And On The Go". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- "PRNewswire.com - Doximity Raises $17 Million Series B Led by Morgenthaler Ventures"
- "Doximity Announces 2014 Residency Program Rankings". Business Wire. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- Harder, Ben; Heilbrunn, Evi. "Doximity's 'Residency Navigator' Injects Transparency into GME". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- November 2016 "Doximity Reaches Nearly 3 of 4 US Physicians" Check
- May 2020 "Doximity launches dialer video to connect primary physicians with their patients" Check