|Origin||Lodi, New Jersey|
|Genres||Horror punk, heavy metal|
|Labels||Monster Man Records|
|Associated acts||Cancerslug, Gorgeous Frankenstein, Danzig, Glenn Danzig, John 5|
Alex "Wolfman" Story|
Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein
Anthony "Tiny" Biuso
"Left Hand" Graham
The Abominable Dr. Chud
Doyle is an American rock band formed from Gorgeous Frankenstein in 2012 by ex-Misfts lead guitarist Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein and Cancerslug frontman Alex Story who also sang in Gorgeous Frankenstein. Their debut album Abominator was released in 2013 through Monsterman Records, Doyle's own label.
After having formed his own band Gorgeous Frankenstein in 2007 and releasing an eponymous album on Glenn Danzig's record label Evilive, Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein had to deal with many lineup changes that finally led him to start over with a new project.
In agreement with Alex Story (the last vocalist of Gorgeous Frankenstein), Doyle's new project was eponymously named "Doyle". Along with these two founding members, the group's first lineup included drummer Dr. Chud (ex-Misfits, Michale Graves era) and bassist 'Left Hand' Graham, (ex-Graves and Gorgeous Frankenstein)
Shortly after, "Tiny" stated that he would no longer be playing with the band, and would not continue on the remainder of the tour. He was replaced by drummer Brandon Pertzborn (Black Flag 2014-2016) just before hitting the road for the "Abominator Tour 2015" in March.
In March and April 2015, the band toured as an opening act (with Dope) for Mushroomhead, with headlining dates continuing after into May. During this tour, bassist 'Left Hand' Graham was replaced by DieTrich Thrall. The current bassist is Brandon Strate (who also plays with They Live).
The "Abominator Tour 2015" was dubbed the "Mad Monster tour" from September through October 2015 with special guest guitarist John 5 (Rob Zombie, ex-Marilyn Manson) who joined Doyle for a number of dates. For certain shows, the tour also featured the Family Ruin, Hatchet and Calabrese.
Doyle announced an upcoming album entitled As We Die for May 2017.
In February 2017, the "Abominate the World Tour" was launched in Europe ("Abominator UK/European Invasion Tour") in support of the album Abominator.
The album is distributed by Altavoz (USA), Nippon Columbia (Japan) and Cargo Records (Europe). It was independently produced and released by Doyle's own Monsterman Records and officially released on CD in October 2013. An "advance copy" was sold at the concerts on the "Danzig Legacy Tour", as well as from Doyle's official website. This pre-released "advance" album is lacking a 13th track, released on the final cut, entitled "Drawing Down The Moon"
The tour scheduled in support of the album had to be delayed since Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein was touring that year with Danzig. In 2014, the band had to cancel their tour with Gwar after the death of lead vocalist Dave Brockie.
The lyrics of Abominator were written by Alex Story and all the music and arrangements are written by Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein,. The bass tracks for the album were played by Doyle himself
Performing style and musical instruments
When performing live, both Alex Story and Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein look like they walked out of a vintage horror movie. Doyle remains faithful to his usual "Frankenstein's monster" look and make-up, wearing his classic Misfits devilock hairstyle, armbands with the band's skull logo (instead of the Misfits "Crimson Ghost") and a custom guitar strap with the inscription "Beast Mode" on the left shoulder.
As Alex Story describes it:
When he puts that [stage makeup] on, that's like warpaint or something. It's like he's going into battle. He literally transforms himself. [...] He just seem[s] like an animal, like a monster.
Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein appears on stage with his famous black sharp edged custom "Annihilator" guitar (Oktober Guitars). Bassist "Left Hand" Graham also played an Oktober custom "Devilwing" bass guitar with a similar design.
- Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein - guitars (2012–present)
- Alex "Wolfman" Story - vocals (2012–present)
- Brandon Strate - bass (2015–present)
- Wade Murff - drums (2017–present)
- DieTrich Thrall - bass (touring, 2015)
- "Left Hand" Graham (Graham Reaper) – bass (2012-2015)
- Anthony "Tiny" Biuso - drums (2014-2015)
- The Abominable Dr. Chud - drums (2012-2014)
- Brandon Pertzborn- drums (2015-2017)
- "Valley of Shadows", 2013.
"As We Die", Official Music Video, 2017.
- "Valley of Shadows", Official Lyric Video, 2013.
- Frazier, Kelly. "Horror Metal Band Doyle Set to Play Token Lounge, Ex-Misfits Member Talks of New Band and What Inspires Him". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Heemsoth, Erik. "Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein and Alex Story of Doyle". National Rock Review. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Murphy, Tom. "Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein On Changing His Band's Name and Making His Own Guitars". Westword. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Williams, Kidman J. "Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein: The Modest Monster Taking the Reins". College News. Retrieved 12 December 2016.)
- "'Left Hand' Graham of the Doyle Band gets pointy". Bass Guitar. April 8, 2014. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- Jasper-Martinez, Wendy. "A Man Of Few Words: An Exclusive Interview With Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein". KNAC. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- Heemsoth, Erik. "Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein and Alex Story of Doyle". National Rock Review. Retrieved 11 December 2016.
- Bowar, Chad. "Doyle Plans Headlining Dates, Support on Mushroomhead". Loudwire. Retrieved 11 December 2016.
- Robb, R.G.B. "Mushroomhead with Doyle, The Family Ruin, Natas Lived". Slug Magazine. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- Aberback, Brian (October 13, 2015). "Doyle Performs Friday in Atlantic City". Galloway NJ Patch. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- Wig, Andrew. "Richfield punk rocker teams with real-life guitar hero". hometownsource.com. Retrieved 2018-03-23.
- Hartmann, Graham. "John 5 + Misfits Legend Doyle to Team Up for 2015 'Mad Monster' Shows Read More: John 5 + Doyle to Team Up for 2015 'Mad Monster' Shows". Loudwire. Retrieved 11 December 2016.
- "Alex Story, Biography". IMDb. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- Petro, Larry. "MISFITS Guitarist Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein's Doyle Project Announces First European Tour". KNAC. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- "DOYLE's 'Abominator' To Receive 'Official' Release This Summer". Blabbermouth. Retrieved 11 December 2016.
- Lawton, Adam. "Doyle & Alex Story talk about their new album 'Abominator'". MediaMikes.com. Retrieved 11 December 2016.
- "Still Fiendish After All These Years: Doyle". Ghost Cult Magazine. February 13, 2014.
- "Doyle, Abominator". Allmusic. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- Leseman, Linda (May 4, 2015). "Sex, Knives, and Veganism: Ten Things You Didn't Know About Doyle From the Misfits". The Village Voice. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- Fanelli, Damian (November 30, 2011). "Oktober Guitars Builds a Misfit Monster: The Annihilator". Guitar World. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- "Doyle (3) – Abominator". Discogs. Retrieved 4 December 2016.