|No. 41, 20, 29, 25|
|Date of birth:||May 30, 1933|
|Place of birth:||Texarkana, Texas|
|Date of death:||January 6, 2009(aged 75)|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||191 lb (87 kg)|
|High school:||Texarkana (TX) Texas|
|NFL Draft:||1955 / Round: 18 / Pick: 209|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Doyle Edward Nix (May 30, 1933 – January 6, 2009) was an American football defensive back in the National Football League for the Green Bay Packers and the Washington Redskins. He also played in the American Football League for the Los Angeles Chargers and the Dallas Texans. He played college football at Southern Methodist University.
Green Bay Packers
Nix was selected by the Green Bay Packers in the 18th round (209th overall) of the 1955 NFL Draft. He had a successful rookie season at cornerback, while registering 5 interceptions. He spent the next two years out of football while serving his military service with the U.S. Air Force.
Los Angeles Chargers (AFL)
On September 22, 1960, he was signed as a free agent by the Los Angeles Chargers of the American Football League. He was a part of the franchise's inaugural season and posted 4 interceptions, while helping the team reach the 1960 American Football League Championship Game.
Dallas Texans (AFL)
- "Packers Lose Nix to Service". Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- "Packers Get End, Tackle from 'Skins". Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- "Give and Take". Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- "Redskins Lose Defensive Back". Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- "Nixon". Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- "Nix, Ex-Packer, Joins the Chargers". Retrieved December 7, 2015.