|Owner||Bucks County Airport Authority (BCAA)|
|Elevation AMSL||394 ft / 120 m|
Doylestown Airport (IATA: DYL, ICAO: KDYL, FAA LID: DYL) is a public airport in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, owned by the Bucks County Airport Authority. It is two miles north of Doylestown, Pennsylvania and has a single fixed-base operator, Leading Edge Aviation, and a Civil Air Patrol squadron, flight training, and aircraft rentals.
Between 1957 and 1960, the airport was owned and managed by John Van Sant, a popular aviator in Pennsylvania and founder of the Van Sant Airport. The airport is now run by the Bucks County Airport Authority (BCAA).
In the year ending August 21, 2008 the airport had 42,000 aircraft operations, average 115 per day: 93% general aviation, 7% air taxi and <1% military. 174 aircraft were then based at this airport: 92% single-engine, 7% multi-engine and 1% helicopter.
Proposals to extend the single runway at Doylestown Airport are being debated. The BCAA wants to extend the runway by 800 feet, and more hangars are recommended. Many residents nearby are against such expansions, as they fear it will encourage noisy jets. If approved, the 800 foot extension, 94+ aircraft hangar spaces, and other improvements will cost $26.9 million.
- FAA Airport Master Record for DYL ( PDF), effective 2009-07-02.
- "Pennsylvania Airport History". PennDOT Bureau of Aviation. Archived from the original on 2011-06-07. Retrieved 2007-07-16.
- Dorfman, Marjorie (2005-08-24). "Van Sant Airport: Tribute to Aviation". HappyNews.com. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-07-16.
- Ferry, Joe (2007-05-10). "With election looming, airport authority makes case for Doylestown expansion" (PDF). Bucks County Herald. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-07-16.
- Yates, Riley (2007-05-10). "No surprises in Doylestown Airport plan". Bucks County Courier Times. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-07-16.
- Bucks County Airport Authority
- Doylestown Airport at Leading Edge Aviation
- Doylestown Airport webcam
- Doylestown Airport (DYL) at PennDOT Bureau of Aviation
- FAA Terminal Procedures for DYL, effective June 21, 2018
- Resources for this airport: