Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University
|Motto||।। तंत्रज्ञानात् विकासः ।।|
Motto in English
|Development through Technology|
|Chancellor||C. Vidyasagar Rao|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Vilas G Gaikar|
Lonere,Mangaon,Mumbai Goa Highway, Maharashtra, India|
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University (DBATU) is a unitary, state university in Lonere in Raigad district, Maharashtra, India. It was established by in 1989 under the Government of Maharashtra Act 1983, is now a statutory State Technical University established by Government of Maharashtra through special Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University Act. The university has been accorded the status of an ‘affiliating’ university of the entire State of Maharashtra from March 2, 2016, by the Maharashtra Act No. XXIX of 2014 . The university is set to become the center of all the engineering and technological Institutes in Maharashtra.
The campus covers an area of 525 acres (2,120,000 m2) and is in the college town of Lonere, off the NH-17 (Mumbai-Goa National Highway). It is approximately 20 km north of Mahad city and 10 km south of Mangaon tehsil and about 22 km away from the renowned Raigad fort of the Maratha king chatrapati shivaji maharaj. The campus is in the vicinity of the industrial belt comprising Thane, Belapur, Nagothane, Patalganga, Roha, Mahad, etc.
Raigad fort is nearby and can be seen if weather is clear. Goregaon Road railway station on Konkan railway line is about 2 km from Lonere.
DBATU is unitary in character and features undergraduate and postgraduate programs in core engineering disciplines. It offers four-year undergraduate programs that lead to the awarding of Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) degree in each of the departments' disciplines. It also offers two-year postgraduate programs that lead to the awarding of Master of Technology (M. Tech.) degree in the disciplines of Power Systems, chemical, computer, electronics and telecommunication, environmental, manufacturing and in thermal and fluids engineering.
|Ph.D.||Two year (Minimum)|
|Advanced Diploma||One year|
The university offers following degree courses:
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Electronics and telecommunication engineering
- Information technology
- Mechanical engineering
- Petrochemical engineering
The university offers following diploma courses on its Institute of Petrochemical Engineering (IOPE) campus.
- Chemical Engineering
- Petrochemical Engineering
- Polymer and Plastic Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Advance Diploma in Water Quality Management (ADWQM)
The students organize following major events/activities regularly :
- Convocation: Hon’ble Padma Vibhushan Professor Man Mohan Sharma, Chief Guest delivered the Convocation address and distributed the Gold medals.
Technical and co-curricular activities
- CynoSure: Annual technical festival, in which technical events, presentations, workshops, lectures, etc. are arranged.
- ChemFraternity: Department of Chemical Engineering organises a national-level chemical engineering technical festival. Competitions and events are conducted and students from other colleges participate.
Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE) Student Chapter
- ISHRAE student chapter is a part of Mumbai's ISHRAE chapter
- Dr. BATU's ISHRAE student chapter is widely known to be the most vibrant student chapter under Mumbai chapter
ISTE Student Chapter activities
- Technical Paper Presentation Competitions/conferences such as Chemfraternirty and Technotrend
- Activities of Students Association such as ACES, MESA, EESA, TEESA, CESA, ChEA, SAChE, PESA and FIT
- Model since 2010-2011 electronics department started an IETE chapter.
- Building Competitions;
- Publication of annual university magazine "Abhiyantriki";
- Avishkar (Research)
Sports and Cultural activities
- Annual social gathering, called "Abhiyanta Vasant", is held for 4 days
- Celebration of "annual hostel day" in few hostels, celebration of various festivals in each hostel,
- Elocution / debate / essay competitions,
- Indradhanushya (cultural),
- National Service Scheme (NSS) activities,
- Blood donation camp is held regularly
- Sport Activities - inter-university as well as state level sports activities are funded and supported
- 1st International Conference on Materials Manufacturing and Design engineering (iCMMD16)
- "University Grant Commission". Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- Commonwealth Universities Yearbook , Volumes 1-4. Association of Commonwealth Universities. p. 743.
- "About the University - Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University". Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University. Retrieved 2018-06-16.
- "Maharashtra Prathamik Shikshan Parishad". mpsp.maharashtra.gov.in. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- Kumar, compiled by Ameeta Gupta, Ashish (2006). Handbook of universities. New Delhi: Atlantic Publishers & Distributors. ISBN 978-8126906086.
- "Official Website of Dr.BATU,Lonere". Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Tech University,Students' and Alumni informative blog". Archived from the original on 19 December 2012. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- editor; Ramchandani, vice president Dale Hoiberg; editor South Asia, Indu (2000). Careers. New Delhi: Encyclopædia Britannica (India). ISBN 9780852297612.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 12 October 2015.