Dr. Ir. Franklin Essed Stadion
Frank Essed Stadion
|Former names||Flora Stadion|
|Owner||City and District of Paramaribo|
|Operator||Surinaamse Voetbal Bond|
|Opened||24 December 1958|
Dr. Ir. Franklin Essed Stadion, formerly known as the Flora Stadion and commonly called the Frank Essed Stadion, is a multi-purpose stadium in Paramaribo, Suriname. It is home to Leo Victor Cosmos, Royal '95, and Super Red Eagles. It is also the home stadium of SNL, the football club of the national military of Suriname. The stadium was named after Surinamese politician and forestry scientist Frank Essed.
The Frank Essed Stadium is located in Southwestern part of Paramaribo, in the Flora neighborhood. It is next door to the National Indoor Stadium on the west end of the Jaggernath Lachmonstraat.
The Essed Stadium has been used as a location for several concerts.
|25 August 2007||Kassav'||Kassav' Carnaval Tour||-|
|15 August 2009||Gentleman||Another Intensity Tour||-|
|3 September 2011||Atif Aslam||Impact Tour||-|
- "Stadiums in Suriname". Worldstadiums.com. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Dr. Ir. Franklin Essed Stadion". Maisfutebol.iol.pt. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "Kassav Carnaval Tour" (in Dutch). Partypix Suriname. 2007-08-27.
- "GentleMan - Another Intensity" (in Dutch). Hard Core Entertainment. 2009-08-15.
- "Atif Aslam - IMPACT Tour" (in Dutch). Hard Core Entertainment. 2016-02-14.