Dr. Kariadi Hospital
|Dr. Kariadi Hospital|
|Location||Gajahmungkur, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia|
|Hospital type||Teaching Hospital, General Hospital, Medical Center|
|Affiliated university||Diponegoro University|
|Standards||A Type Hospital - Indonesia|
|Emergency department||Dr. Kariadi Emergency Unit|
|Founded||September 9th, 1925 (as Centrale Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichting)|
The Dr. Kariadi General Hospital Medical Center (Indonesian: Rumah Sakit Umum Pusat Dr. Kariadi) or RSUP. Dr. Kariadi, is the hospital affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine Diponegoro University. It is one of the large and leading hospitals of Indonesia, in the city of Semarang in the Province of Central Java part of Indonesia. The current director is Hendriani Selina, M.D..
Dr. Kariadi Hospital is Technical Implementation Unit of Department of Health. The Hospital is under and gives the responsibilities to the General Director of Medical Services, Ministry of Health Republic of Indonesia. Having the duty to organize the effort of medical treatment and rehabilitation are implemented in a harmonious, integrated and sustainable health promotion and prevention efforts and to implement a referral efforts and other efforts as needed.
- 1925 – 1942 (Period of Netherlands East Indies)
In 1919 came the idea and plan of N.F. Liem, M.D. to replace and incorporate the City Hospital ("Stadverband Ziekenhuis") in Tawang with Assistant City Hospital ("Hulp Stadverband Ziekenhuis") in Alun - alun Semarang. The plan was realized by building a larger hospital in the city of Semarang. Hospital construction began in 1920 and completed five years later. Then right on 9 September 1925 was born the "Centrale Burgerlijke Ziekeninrichting" famous with the name of CBZ.
- 1942 – 1945 (Period of Japanese Occupation)
During the Japanese occupation in Indonesia, the Dutch physicians taken prisoner and to fill the leadership void the hospital the dr. Notokuworo act as Director. But not long after the leadership of the hospital held by dr. Buntaran Martoatmodjo until 1945. From this it can be seen that since the Dutch East Indies government surrendered to the Japanese, this hospital has been led by the Indonesian people themselves. Japanese government to rename PURUSARA CBZ stands for "CENTER FOR THE PEOPLE'S HOSPITAL" which in Japanese is called "Chuo Simin Byoing".
- 1945 – 1950 (Period of Indonesia Revolution)
Japan could then be defeated by the Allies, and at the same time, Indonesia proclaimed its independence. Apparently the Japanese just wanted to bow to the Allies, fighting erupted as a result of five days in the city of Semarang. Doctor M. Kariadi along with eight other hospital employees died as a hero during this battle. Owing to that, each year a five-day battle in Semarang is commemorated in this hospital.
- 1950 - Present (Period of Indonesia Independence)
After recognition of the sovereignty of the Republic of Indonesia then the hospital was renamed the department of stands GENERAL HOSPITAL CENTER Semarang, and from the date of 14 April 1964 renamed Dr. Kariadi Hospital(Minister of Health No. SK.. 21215/Kab/1964).
- Neurosurgery and Epilepsy Center
- Pavilion of Garuda (Clinical Specialists and Subspecialists Center)
- Dr. Kariadi Cardiovascular Center
- Pavilion of Professor Dr. R. Budhi Darmojo (Geriatrics Center)
- Clinic of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Center
- Center of Developmental Disorder and Autism
- Center of tropical infectious diseases
- Iodine Deficiency Disturbances Laboratory
- Regional Avian Influenza and Molecular Microbiology Laboratory
- Radiology and Medical Imaging
- Clinical Diagnostic Center.
- Laboratory of Diagnosis
- Suwarjoko."Rumah Sakit Umum Pusat Dr. Kariadi".May 29th 2008
- Suprih Rustanto, Humas dan Pemasaran RSUP Dr. Kariadi. Jan 29th 2013