Jevtić graduated from the Faculty of Political Science at the University of Belgrade, Serbia. He received a master's degree from the University of Belgrade's Law School; his thesis was entitled ”Islamic understanding of war and the role of the Islamic Conference in preserving the peace”. Jevtić studied for his doctorate at the Faculty of Political Science, University of Belgrade, Serbia. His thesis was titled ”Modern Jihad and war”. Jevtić began his academic career in the 1983 as a teacher of People defence and protection (Narodna odbrana i zaštita), a course that was abolished with the breakup of socialism in Southeast Europe in the beginning of the 1990s. Founder and editor-in-chief of the “Polititcs and Religion” journal, , the first global scientific journal dedicated to the discipline ”Political Science of Religion“ or “Politicology of Religion”. The first issue was published in 2007, in Belgrade, Serbia. Published by the ”Center for Study of Religion and Religious Tolerance”.
Career at the Faculty of Political Science, University of Belgrade, Serbia:
- Assistant-intern – 1983
- Assistant – 1985
- Docent – 1988
- Part-time Professor – 1993
- Professor – 1998 (Religion and Politics)
Professor Jevtić was the first academic in the World to introduce 1993/94 "Politology of Religion" or “Politicology of Religion“ in the curriculum of the Faculty of Political Science http://www.fpn.bg.ac.rs/en/undergraduate-studies/political-department/third-year/ . Professor Jevtić coined the term White Al-Qaeda.
Jevtić's views on Islam as aggressive religion are subject to much controversy and are disputed by the liberal and Muslim scholars of the region. Along with Darko Tanasković, he has been criticized as a "propagandist" in the context of anti-Bosniak and anti-Albanian attitude in the context of the Yugoslav wars, and that they picture Islam as backward and violent as a rule.
- Challenges of Politology of Religion,Center for Study of Religion and Religious Tolerance, Belgrade,2014,ISBN 978-86-87243-12-5
- Problems of Politology of Religion,Center for Study of Religion and Religious Tolerance, Belgrade,2012,ISBN 978-86-87243-08-8
- Political Relations and Religion,Center for Study of Religion and Religious Tolerance, Belgrade,2011,ISBN 978-86-87243-06-4
- Religion as Challenge of Political Science,Center for Study of Religion and Religious Tolerance, Belgrade,2010, ISBN 978-86-87243-02-6
- Politology of Religion,Center for Study of Religion and Religious Tolerance, Belgrade,2009, ISBN 978-86-87243-01-9
- Religion and Power, Essays on Politology of Religion,Dioceze of Ras-Prizren and Kosovo-Metohija;Center for Study of Religion and Religious Tolerance, Belgrade,2008,ISBN 978-86-82323-29-7(English Edition)
- Religion and Politics – Introduction to Politicology of Religion; Institute for Political Studies and Faculty of Political Science; Belgrade, Serbia; 2002; ISBN 86-7419-048-0.
- Modern Jihad as War; First Edition – 1989; Nova Knjiga, Belgrade, Serbia; ISBN 86-7335-052-2; Second Edition – 1995; Grafomotajica, Prnjavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina; ISBN 86-7116-001-7; Third Edition – 2001; Nikola Pašić, Belgrade, Serbia; ISBN 86-7987-010-2.
- From the Islamic Declaration to the Religious War in Bosnia and Herzegovina; First Edition – 1993; Filip Višnjić, Belgrade, Serbia; ISBN 86-7363-125-4; Second Edition – 1995; Grafomotajica, Prnjavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina; ISBN 86-7116-002-5.
- Albanians and Islam – 1995; Grafomotajnica, Prnjavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina; ISBN 86-7116-003-3.
- Islam in the Works of Ivo Andrić – 2000; Private Edition, Prosveta Internacional, Belgrade, Serbia.
- All Our Delusions – 1998; Private Edition, Prosveta Internacional, Belgrade, Serbia.
- Islam and Geo-Political Logic – 1995; Co-Authored With Others; Koving-Inžinjering, Belgrade, Serbia.
- The crime Awaits the Punishment – 1997; Co-Authored With Others; Megilot Publishing, Olet Press/ Imel Publishing, (Novi Sad, Srpsko Sarajevo); ISBN 86-7170-001-1.(English Edition)
- Muslims between Religion and Nation – 1996; Co-Authored with Others; People and University Library Petar Kocić, Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina; ISBN 86-7044-030-X.
- Religion as a Determining Factor in the West’s Siding With Albanian Secessionism (English)
- Religion as a Determining Factor in the West’s Siding With Albanian Secessionism (Serbian)
- Jihad in Domestic and International Public (Serbian)
- V.P. Gagnon (May 1996). "Ethnic Conflict as Demobilizer: The Case of Serbia". Institute for European Studies Working Paper. Cornell University (96).
- Sonja Biserko. "Osvetićemo se Turcima..." [We Shall Take Vengeance Against the Turks]. Helsinki Committee for Human Rights in Serbia.