Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialities Centre
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialities Centre|
|Dr. Mohan's Group|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Lists||Hospitals in India|
Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialities Centre is a diabetes speciality hospital chain headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It was founded in 1991 by Padma Shri Dr V. Mohan along with his wife Dr Rema. Dr. Mohan's Group has 27 centres and more than 1000 staff. Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialities Centre is also the collaboration centre for World Health Organization on Non Communicable Diseases Prevention and Control. In 2017, the centre raised $10.3 million in Series A funding. This is the first round of funding for the centre since its founding in 1991. The money will be allocated to expanding Dr. Mohan's Diabetes Specialties Centre across India.
Dr V. Mohan was born in 1954 in a small town of North Pudur in Kerala. He worked with his father M Viswanathan as a Diabetologist and a researcher till 1990 at MV Hospital and Diabetes Research Centre, Chennai, founded by his father.
Dr. Mohan's Diabetes Specialities Centre has 29 diabetes centres and clinics in India (8 centres in Chennai, 4 centres in Hyderabad, 4 centres in Karnataka and 1 centre each in Coimbatore, Madurai, Pondicherry, Chunampet, Vellore, Vijayawada, Gudiyatham, Delhi, Mangalore, Mysuru, Trichi, Thanjavur, Lucknow, Trivandrum and Bhubaneswar.
Achievements and awards
- Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialities Centre was awarded Best Diabetes Endocrine Hospital in India for at the CNBC-TV18 Health Care Awards in 2013.
- Dr. Mohan's Diabetes Specialities Centre was the first diabetes centre in India to offer Bariatric surgery.
- "Case Study on Dr.Mohan's Diabetes Specialties Centre-" (PDF). ACCESS Health International. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-11-01. Retrieved 2014-02-23.
- "Dr. Mohan's Diabetes Specialities Centres (DMDSC)". The Hindu. November 2012.
- "Hope for Diabetics - Founder of Dr Mohans Diabetes Specialities Centres". The Financial Express (India). January 2009.
- "The doctor who wages a war on diabetes". Future Medicine. Archived from the original on 2014-02-28. Retrieved 2014-02-21.
- "Dr Mohan's on diabetes mission". Business Standard. January 2008.
- "WHO to collaborate with Dr. Mohan's Diabetes Specialities Centre". The Hindu. 29 March 2008.
- "WHO to collaborate with Dr. Mohans Diabetes Specialities Centre". India Environment Portal.
- "Dr Mohan's Diabetes raises Rs66 crore in Series A funding". Livemint.
- "10th branch of Dr. Mohan's Diabetes Specialities Centre (DMDSC)". The Hindu. 21 May 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Dr Mohan's Diabetes Specialities Centre DMDSC Madurai branch". The Hindu. 19 Dec 2011.
- "List of Dr. Mohan's Diabetes Specialities Centres". Dr. Mohan's Diabetes Specialities Centres.
- "Diabetes specialty centre to open branch in Vellore". The Hindu. September 18, 2008.
- "CNBC Award - Dr. Mohan's - Best Diabetes Endocrine Hospital". Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialities Centre.
- "CNBC-TV18 - Best Hospitals at the 'India Healthcare Awards'". dna.
- "CNBC -TV18 recognizes India's best hospitals at the 'India Healthcare Awards". Best Media Info.
- "Bariatric surgery unit launched". Indian Express. 30 September 2013.