|Residence||San Diego, California|
|Education||Business Administration, Marketing|
|Alma mater||University of Notre Dame (BBA)
University of Connecticut (MBA)
Georgia State University (PhD)
|Occupation||Author, motivational speaker, internet entrepreneur|
Tony Alessandra is an American best-selling author, entrepreneur and motivational speaker in the fields of sales and marketing. Alessandra has written 30 books and his work as an author and speaker has been featured in media outlets including Oprah Magazine. He is also the originator and author of the behavioral style assessment tool, The Platinum Rule.
His education includes a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing from University of Notre Dame in 1969, a Master of Business Administration in Marketing from University of Connecticut in 1970 and a PhD in Business Administration (Marketing Major) from Georgia State University in 1976. His early career started on the faculty of Georgia State College where he received the Outstanding Faculty Award.
He is the president of Assessments 24x7.com, an online business solutions firm that uses the DISC profile, the Hartman HVP, Motivators (Values/PIAV) assessment, and several 360º effectiveness assessments. His major clients are coaches, trainers, consultants, associations and Fortune 500 companies including Apple Computer, Price Waterhouse, ASCAP, American Honda Motor Company, Ford Motor Company, GM of Canada, Owens-Corning, Toshiba America, Hewlett-Packard, IBM Corporation, Oracle, Verizon, Bank of America, and Merrill Lynch.
Alessandra is a member of the National Speakers Association where he has the highest distinction of the group, Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) and was inducted into the Speakers Hall of Fame in 1985. He was recognized as "one of America's most electrifying speakers" by Meetings & Conventions Magazine, named as part of the "Legends of the Speaking Profession", selected as one of the "Top 5 Speakers" in the marketing profession and recognized in the Sales Hall of Fame.
- Alessandra, Tony (1992). Non-Manipulative Selling. New York City: Touchstone. pp. 276 pages. ISBN 0-671-76448-9.
- Alessandra, Tony (1995). People Smart: Powerful Techniques for Turning Every Encounter into a Mutual Win. Charleston, SC: Keynote Publishing. pp. 300 pages. ISBN 0-9625161-1-2.
- Alessandra, Tony (1993). Communicating at Work. New York City: Touchstone. pp. 272 pages. ISBN 0-671-78855-8.
- Alessandra, Tony (1998). The Platinum Rule: Discover the Four Basic Business Personalities and How They Can Lead You to Success. New York City: Warner Business Books. pp. 304 pages. ISBN 0-446-67343-9.
- Alessandra, Tony (2000). Charisma: Seven Keys to Developing the Magnetism that Leads to Success. New York City: Business Plus. pp. 288 pages. ISBN 0-446-67598-9.
- "The customer delight conundrum" Business-Standard. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "6 ingredients of a charismatic person" America Economia. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- Oprah.com Article with quote in from Oprah Magazine. Retrieved on 10-03-2011.
- "Customer Obsession And The Platinum Rule" Forbes. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "How Well Do You Handle Change? The Benefits of Being Adaptable" Business.com. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- Alessandra.com Alessandra client list. Retrieved on 10-3-2011.
- NSA.com National Speakers Association listing. Retrieved on 10-16-2011
- Veteran's Speakers Retreat Legends award listing. Retrieved on 10-16-2011
- Speaking.com List of Top 5 Speakers by Speaking.com. Retrieved on 10-03-2011.
- TopSalesWorld.com 2010 listing of Sales Hall of Fame by TopSalesWorld.com. Retrieved on 10-16-2011