Dracula (upcoming TV series)
by Bram Stoker
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Production company(s)||Hartswood Films|
Dracula is an upcoming television series developed by Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat, based on the novel of the same name by Bram Stoker. The series is being developed for broadcast and release on BBC One and Netflix, and will consist of three episodes. Claes Bang is set to star as the titular character.
- Claes Bang as Count Dracula
- John Heffernan
- Dolly Wells
- Joanna Scanlan
- Morfydd Clark
- Lujza Richter
- Mark Gatiss
Development on Dracula began in June 2017, with Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat re-teaming to write the episodes. In October 2018, the series was officially commissioned by the BBC, and will air on BBC One and Netflix. Claes Bang was set to star as the titular Dracula in November.
In February 2019, John Heffernan, Dolly Wells, Joanna Scanlan, Morfydd Clark and Lujza Richter joined the cast, with Gatiss also set to appear in the series. Moffat revealed filming on the series had begun on March 4, 2019.
- "Sherlock creators cast Denmark's Claes Bang as Dracula". BBC. 28 November 2018. Retrieved 28 November 2018.
- White, Peter (15 October 2018). "Netflix & BBC One Board Three-Part 'Dracula' Series From 'Sherlock' Creators". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- White, Peter (28 November 2018). "'The Girl in the Spider's Web' Star Claes Bang Stakes Claim As Dracula In Hartswood's Netflix & BBC Drama". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 28 November 2018.
- ‘Dracula’: ‘The Crown’s John Heffernan & ‘Doll & Em’s Dolly Wells Bite Into Spooky BBC & Netflix Drama
- Steven Moffat marks first day of filming on Dracula