2018 Vintage Yachting Games – 12' Dinghy International Rule
|Race area||Alpha, Bravo|
|Period||September 16 to September 22|
|2018 Vintage |
|12' Dinghy International Rule||Open|
The 12' Dinghy International Rule was an event on the 2018 Vintage Yachting Games program at Copenhagen, Denmark. Six out of the eight scheduled races were completed. 22 sailors, on 19 boats, from nine nations entered.
Both of the course area's on the Øresund in front of Hellerup were available for the 12' Dinghy event. On the first two day's course Alpha was used. The next day's the class moved to course Bravo for less wind and waves.
|Both course areas were available for and used by the 12' Dinghy.||Only course 1 was used for the 12' Dinghy.|
The Øresund in front of the Hellerup Sejlklub was during the 2018 Vintage Yachting Games one of the targets of the remains of the Hurricane Florence. This resulted in South-Westerly winds that varied between 12–38 knots over the period of the Vintage. Course area Alpha was more in the open sea. With the South-Westerly winds this meant more wind and more waves. Also the wind was more stable and predictable then closer to shore.
|Date||Race||Sky||Wind direction||Wind speed (kn)||Course area|
|18-SEP||I||Grand yachting weather||SW||12-16||Alpha|
|19-SEP||II||Strong yachting weather||SW||12-20||Alpha|
|20-SEP||IV||Strong yachting weather||SW||11-15||Bravo|
|20-SEP||V||Strong yachting weather||SW||12-8||Bravo|
|20-SEP||V||Strong yachting weather||SW||10-6||Bravo|
|20-SEP||VI||Strong yachting weather||SW veering to NW||8-4||Bravo|
|21-SEP||No races due to too much wind|
|22-SEP||No races due to too much wind|
In the 12' Dinghy six out of the planned eight races were completed.
The 12' Dinghy class (Olympic in 1920, 1928 and candidate for the 1940 Tokyo Olympics) brought large fleet from nine countries to the Vintage. This was due to the driving force of the class admiral Bert Hamminga. The races were dominated by Wim Bleeker. The big fight was for the other podium places. When there is a lot of wind it is customary that sailors that are not able to handle the conditions start crewing for sailors that are higher ranked. Due to this elegant principle no sailors need to stay ashore on windy days. This shows on the many DNC results.
|Team (Country)||Race I||Race II||Race III||Race IV||Race V||Race VI||Total
| Netherlands (NED) 869
| Netherlands (NED) 673
Anïl CETIN (Alternating helmsmen)
Elena Romana GASENZER
| Netherlands (NED) 411
|4|| Netherlands (NED) 830
|5|| Uganda (UGA) 824
|6|| Netherlands (NED) 888
Leen VAN WILLIGEN
|7|| Netherlands (NED) 831
|8|| Ireland (IRL) 8
|9|| Canada (CAN) 340
|10|| Turkey (TUR) 874
|11|| Ireland (IRL) 11
|12|| France (FRA) 588
Jaap VAN HASSELT
|13|| Netherlands (NED) 848
Leen VAN WILLIGEN
|14|| Netherlands (NED) 414
Ed VAN CORTENBERGHE
|15|| Great Britain (GBR) 48
|16|| Netherlands (NED) 112
|17|| Germany (GER) 223
Elena Romana GASENZER
|18|| Netherlands (NED) 278
|19|| Japan (JPN) 675
- dnc = did not compete
- dnf = did not finish
- bdf = Black flagged
- Crossed out results did not count for the total result.
Information about the Vintage Yachting Classes (former Olympic classes) can be verified by:
- World Sailing
- Nederlands Scheepvaartmuseum Amsterdam
- Vintage Yachting Games Organization
Information about the organization, conditions, sailors and results can be verified by:
- Manage 2 Sail
- Twaalf Voets Jollen Club
- Admiralty 12' Dinghy (International Rule)
- International Olympiajol Union
- International Soling Association
- "Sailing". International Olympic Committee. 2018-05-15. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "Classes & Equipment". World Sailing. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "Het Scheepvaartmuseum". Nederlands Scheepvaartmuseum Amsterdam. Archived from the original on April 26, 2019. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "Vintage Yachting Games (The Olympics for the former Olympics)". Vintage Yachting Games Organization. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- Vintage Yachting Games,Olympic Classes. Bergambacht: 2008 Vintage Organizing Committee. 2008. ISBN 978-90-78440-23-9.
- "2018 Vintage Yachting Games". Manage 2 Sail. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "kopenhagen-vintage-yachting-games-2018". Twaalf Voets Jollen Club. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "The Vintage Yachting Games". Admiralty 12' Dinghy (International Rule). Archived from the original on October 5, 2018. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- The 2017–2020 Bonus scoring system was used.
- Total after applying discard.
- "Vintage Yachting Games in Kopenhagen; prachtig!". International Olympiajol Union. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- "Vintage Yachting Games / KYC & Hellerup Sejlklub, Copenhagen 16/09/2018 To 22/09/2018. / Rk=1.5". International Soling Association. Retrieved October 9, 2018.