Buyer's Best Friend
|Industry||NAIC 42211: wholesale grocery|
|Founded||San Francisco, California (2010 )|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
Number of locations
|3 retail shops (Closed in 2015)|
|San Francisco Bay Area|
|Adam Sah, CEO and Founder
Joyce Guan, VP Sales and Founder
Number of employees
Buyer's Best Friend (BBF) is a vertically integrated company specialising in consumer packaged goods, such as food. BBF uses its proprietary software platform to provide low cost solutions for artisan food producers, including a partnership with UNFI to provide a scangun ordering solution for artisan brands that are not available through distributors.
As a broker, BBF operates the largest catalog for the specialty and natural food trade with 2,600 food producers selling 155,000 products to 12,000 wholesale buyers in the United States, including Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, JetBlue, Virgin America and the corporate kitchens at Google. Buyer's Best Friend is a member of the Specialty Food Association.
As a distributor, BBF warehouses food for artisan producers and delivers snacks to offices in the San Francisco bay area, including technology companies such as Indiegogo, Greylock Partners and New Relic.
As a retailer, Buyer's Best Friend owned and operated 3 San Francisco retail shops that sold products sourced from its online catalog. These shops were located in Haight-Ashbury, North Beach and the San Francisco Ferry Building. The shops were notable for allowing customers to taste nearly everything in the stores before purchase. Buyer's Best Friend retail shops were an early adopter of virtual currencies, by modifying its proprietary point of sale (POS) software to accept Bitcoin in April, 2013.
- "UNFI Partners with Buyer's Best Friend to Create World's First Unified Reordering System". UNFI.
- Kelsey Blackwell. "Buyer's Best Friend levels playing field for small niche brands". New Hope.
- "Buyer’s Best Friend Tops 100,000 SKUs". Gourmet Retailer.
- "Buyer's Best Friend: World's Largest Wholesale Specialty Catalog". Gourmet Business.
- "Friend With Benefits". Grocery Headquarters. p. 20.
- "statistics from BBF homepage". Retrieved August 4, 2014.
- "Specialty Food Association directory entry for Buyer's Best Friend".
- Food+Tech Leader Buyer's Best Friend Signs 100th Technology Customer for Office Snack Delivery, MarketWired
- Christina Spittler. "At Buyer's Best Friend, You Can Sample Any Food in the Store". SF Weekly.
- "Yelp page for Buyer's Best Friend".
- Tara Duggan. "Buyer's Best Friend brings artisan food to consumers". San Francisco Chronicle.
- Sarah E. Needleman. "More Small Businesses Embrace Bitcoin". The Wall Street Journal.
- Kashmir Hill. "Living On Bitcoin For A Week: Bitcoiners Are The New Vegans". Forbes.
- Robert McMillan. "Why the only real way to buy Bitcoins is on the streets". Wired. Archived from the original on 23 November 2013.