Draft:Joseph A. Camp
|Submission declined on 17 January 2020 by talk). (|
This submission is not adequately supported by reliable sources. Reliable sources are required so that information can be verified. If you need help with referencing, please see Referencing for beginners and Citing sources.
Declined by 35 days ago. Last edited by AngusWOOF 30 days ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
|Submission declined on 27 November 2019 by talk). (|
- Comment: Excessive citations to person's own social media. Need more external news sources that focus on Camp's career. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 14:31, 17 January 2020 (UTC)
- Comment: Sources presented are more for Mikki the Mime's notability rather than Camp's. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 01:25, 27 November 2019 (UTC)
- Comment: Needs more external news sources showing the notability of this person, not primary source stuff or single event AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 00:06, 27 November 2019 (UTC)
Federal computer hacking arrest
During the fall 2009 semester at the University of Central Missouri, Camp and classmate Daniel Fowler were arrested by the FBI for a series of computer hacking offenses when they allegedly hacked into the computer systems of the university to change grades and steal databases of student and faculty information  . Camp was sentenced to 3 years in federal prison  .
In 2018 Camp enrolled in Cross Purpose Career and Community Development program where he graduated 2019 with a certification in Legal Secretary and started working full time for a law office.. After graduation from Cross Purpose Camp formed the talent management group Cierra F's Modeling  .
Political involvement and candidacy
While on parole supervision for the Attempt to Influence a Public Servant arrest Camp learned that he was unable to vote in the 2020 Presidential election (or any election in Colorado) due to the fact that he was technically "incarcerated" pursuant to then Colorado law . As such Camp filed his presidential candidacy application with the Federal Elections Commission  and started running his satirical candidacy for President of the United States of America called "Joey Camp 2020"  with the stated intent of stealing votes from major party candidates using the spoiler effect . Open Secrets quoted Camp as saying "when I am president EVERYONE will be permitted to vote" . Colorado has since restored the voting rights to parolees  .
- "Joseph Camp". Ballotpedia. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- Hill, Kashmir (December 1, 2010). "Hacker Fail Two College Kids Discover Police Are Not As Dumb As They Thought". Forbes. Retrieved November 28, 2019.
- Kendall, Justin (November 29, 2010). "Joseph Camp and Daniel Fowler indicted for computer hacking at University of Central Missouri". The Pitch. Retrieved November 28, 2019.
- "Former Student Sentenced for Computer Hacking at University of Central Missouri". United States Department of Justice. January 16, 2015. Retrieved November 28, 2019.
- Morris, Mark (August 8, 2013). "For Inmates Their Friends And Families Talk Isn't Cheap In Jail". Kansas City Star. Retrieved November 28, 2019.
- "CAMP, JOSEPH A". CDOC Offender Search. Retrieved November 28, 2019.
- Bryson, Donna (August 20, 2019). "Owning a home takes money and insight. Denver's CrossPurpose helps people get both". Denverite. Retrieved November 28, 2019.
- "Cierra F's Modeling". Colorado Secretary of State. Retrieved November 28, 2019.
- "Cierra F's Modeling (@cierrafsmodeling) • Instagram photos and videos". www.instagram.com. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- "Mikki the Mime's Motion to Intervene". Justia Dockets and Filings. Retrieved November 28, 2019.
- Mehrotra, Kartikay (2017-02-15). "Mikki the Mime - a real life pantomime - seeks to join Washington AG's suit against @realDonaldTrump 's travel ban.pic.twitter.com/zfeMVvZjB8". @KartikayM. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- "Ali v. Trump - Mikki the Mime's Motion to Intervene | Civil Rights Litigation Clearinghouse". www.clearinghouse.net. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- Robart, James (March 29, 2017). "ORDER DENYING MIKKI THE MIME'S MOTION TO INTERVENE" (PDF). ClearingHouse. Retrieved November 23, 2019.
- "Joshua Rodriguez". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- Daniel, Stephanie (2019-10-29). "Parolees Vote For The First Time, Thanks To New Colorado Law". www.kunc.org. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- "CAMP, JOEY ANTHONY - Candidate overview". FEC.gov. Retrieved 2020-01-02.
- "Joey Camp 2020". www.joeycamp2020.com. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- Zychal, Kietryn (February 28, 2019). "Meet the 2020 presidential candidates you haven't heard of". OpenSecrets. Retrieved November 23, 2019.
- Herod, Leslie (2019). "Restore Voting Rights Parolees". Colorado General Assembly. Retrieved November 23, 2019.
- "Felon Voting Rights". www.ncsl.org. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- "Running For United States Senate - Colorado". www.joeycamp2020.com. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
Joseph A. Camp
|Review waiting, please be patient.
This may take 4 months or more, since drafts are reviewed in no specific order. There are 3,669 pending submissions waiting for review.