Draft:K. Abdul Gafoor
|Submission declined on 6 August 2019 by talk). (|
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject (see the guidelines on the notability of people). Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
Declined by 3 months ago. Last edited by WereSpielChequers 36 days ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
K. Abdul Gafoor (கா. அப்துல் கபூர்)
|File:Iraiyarut Kavimani Professor K. Abdul Gafoor At His Home.jpg|
|Died||January 11, 2002 (aged 77)|
|Other names||Irayarut Kavimani|
|Occupation||Professor, Poet, Author|
|Parent(s)||Kattubava, Mohammed Ummal|
Iraiyarut Kavimani Professor K. Abdul Gafoor (கா. அப்துல் கபூர்) ( 1924 - 2002 ) was a professor, writer, poet, educator, speaker, Islamic religious scholar, journalist and multilingualist.
Books and Articles have been published about him and his work such as the book India's Literary Sculptors: Iraiyarut Kavimani K. Abdul Gafoor (இந்திய இலக்கிய சிற்பிகள்: இறையருட் கவிமணி கா. அப்துல் கபூர்) by Sahitya Akademi.
He has worked in the Tamil Department at Madras Muhammedan College (now Quaid-e-Millath Government College for Women) during 1946 before India Gained Independence. He was the founding Principal of Crescent School of Chennai.
He was the Head of the Tamil Department at Trichy Jamal Mohamed College, Islamiah College, Vaniyambadi, Hajee Karutha Rowther Howdia College, Uthamapalayam and Khadir Mohideen College, Adirampattinam.
His famous works include 'Arum Poo' (அரும் பூ), a children's poem compilation. The book 'Arum Poo' is a testament to his Tamil language capability, so many doctorial studies have been done by researchers on the book.
He has written and published explanations of a few verses of the Holy Quran in a series of books named "Inikkum Iraimozhi" (இனிக்கும் இறைமொழி) (Translation: Pleasing Prophecies).
He's also known for his publication named "Nanapugazhchi Oar Aayvu" ( for reviewing the book "Nanapugazhchi" by a Sufi Philosopher Named Peer Mohamed.
- 1 Honors
- 2 Career History
- 3 Responsibliities
- 4 Honorory Editor
- 5 Bibliography
- 6 References
- 7 Added available references from online sources. Since most of the newspaper articles and other references were published pre internet era before he expired, I couldn't find more references.
- Iraiyarut Kavimani (இறையருட் கவிமணி) (Meaning: Blessed Poet - In Islamic Context) awarded by Adirampattinam Muslims
- Tamil Chemmel (தமிழ் செம்மல்) by Madurai Kamaraj University (Meaning: Highly Effective in the Tamil Language)
- Dheenavazhi Chemmal (தீன்வழி செம்மல்) (Meaning: Esteemed Follower of Islam) awarded by Colachel Muslim Jamaath
- Nabivazhi Selvar (நபிவழிச் செல்வர்) (Meaning: Esteemed Follower of The Prophet of Islam) awarded by Thiruvithamcode Anjuvannam Muslim Jamaath
- Kansul Uloom (Meaning: Treasure of Knowledge) awarded by Burma Tamil Muslims
- Ilakkiya Kalanidhi (இளக்கிய கலாநிதி) awarded by American International Arts & Cultural Center, California
1946 - 1947 Professor, Tamil Department, Government Muslim College, Madras (now Quaid-e-Millath Government College for Women).
1947 - 1952 Head of Department - Tamil, Islamic College, Vaniyambadi
1956 - 1962 Head of the Department - Tamil & Principal, Hajee Karutha Rowther Howdia College, Uthamapalayam
1962 - 1967 Head of the Department - Tamil & Principal, Khadir Mohideen College, Adirampattinam
1976 - 1980 Executive Officer, Al-Ameen High School, Kumbakonam
? - ? Administrative Officer, Dravidian Language Institute, Trivandrum
- Member of the Tamil Pulavar Kuzhu (Tamil Poets Community)
- Member of Madurai, Tanjore District Literary Board
- Member of All India Radio Station Advisory Committee of Trichy
- Madras University Textbook Member
- Madina Magazine (மதிநா (சிற்றிதழ்))
- Nayagame (நாயகமே) (Translation: Dear Prophet Mohamed)
- Annai Fatimah (அன்னை பாத்திமா)
- Nabimani Maalai (நபிமணி மாலை)
- Iraiyarul Maalai (இறையருள் மாலை)
- Nabimozhi Naanooru (நபிமொழி நானூறு)
- Ponmozhi Naanooru (பொன்மொழி நானூறு)
- Kaajaa Maalai (காஜா மாலை)
- Peerappa Maalai (பீரப்பா மாலை)
- Muhaideen Maalai (முஹ்யித்தீன் மாலை)
- Thalaippaa (தலைப்பா)
- Dua Nooru (துஆ - 100)
- Islāmiya Ilakkiyam (இஸ்லாமிய இலக்கியம்)
- Ara Vazhvu (அற வாழ்வு) 
- Mana Vilakku (மன விளக்கு) 
- Ilakkiyam Eentha Tamizh (இலக்கியம் ஈந்த தமிழ்)
- Ara Vaazhvu (அற வாழ்வு)
- Vaazhum Neri Islam (வாழும் நெறி இஸ்லாம்)
- Inikkum Iraimozhi (1-5) (இஸ்லாமிய இலக்கியம் 5 இனிக்கும் இறைமொழிகள்)
- Mikka Melanavan (மிக்க மேலானவன்)
- Arum Poo (அரும் பூ)
Songs Sung By Dr. Nagore E.M. Hanifa
- Ellaa pugazhum iraivanukkae (எல்லா புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே)
- Arulaalan Anbudiyoon (அருளாளன் அன்புடையோன் அல்லஹ்வின் கருணையதால் பெருங்கொடையாய் வந்துதித்த பெருமானே நாயகமே)
Added available references from online sources. Since most of the newspaper articles and other references were published pre internet era before he expired, I couldn't find more references.
|Review waiting, please be patient.
This may take 8 weeks or more, since drafts are reviewed in no specific order. There are 3,638 pending submissions waiting for review.