Draft:Roofit Solar Energy
|Andri Jagomägi (CEO), Andres Anijalg (COO), Raimond Russak (CFO)|
|Products||Photovoltaic modules, Photovoltaic systems|
Roofit Solar Energy OÜ, using the marketing name Roofit.solar, is an Estonian private company headquartered in Tallinn, which operates in the field of Building Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV) and produces photovoltaic modules integrated into traditional metal roofing materials. The modules look like a metal roof but they also generate electricity like conventional solar panels. Along with the local market - Estonia, Roofit.solar exports its production to Germany, Austria, Denmark, Poland, Sweden, Norway, Latvia and Kenya.
Roofit.solar was established in 2016 as a spin-off from Tallinn Technical University (TalTech). The research, early analysis and early prototype development were carried out by Roofit.solar founder and CEO Andri Jagomägi (PhD). From 2000-2015 he carried out research in solar energy field to create and validate the metal solar roof concept. The research results allowed the company to spin-off from TalTech and to produce the first working prototype of integrated solar roof in 2016. From 2017, Roofit.solar first roofs appeared in Estonia.
In 2020 Roofit.solar launched its 3D roof planning and house energy consumption monitoring software for wider market access and automated future services.
Roofit.solar got two grants from the Estonian-Norwegian cooperation program “Green ICT” of the Enterprise Estonia:
- The EU53899 project "Roofit.solar software and production line process innovation project” implementation period is 15.07.2020-14.07.2023 and the amount of financial support is EUR 699,913.
- The EU53901 project "Roofit.solar product development" implementation period of the project is 15.07.2020-30.09.2022 and the amount of support is EUR 601,147. 
Moreover, Roofit.solar got EUR 378,423,36 (without VAT) grant under the NUTIKAS project aimed to investigate the degradation mechanism in chosen polymeric encapsulants used in the photovoltaic industry. The implementation period of the project is 1.05.2020-31.08.2022 and it is supported by the Estonian Research Council and organized by the Archimedes Foundation.
- Engie UK – Winner of the Whole House Retrofit Solution competition, 2018 
- InnoEnergy and Veolia – PowerUp! competition: Clean Air Challenge Award 2019 
- German Energy Agency and World Energy Council – Top 3 finalist at Startup Energy Transition, 2019 
- Estonian Ministry of Environment – Winner of Environmentally Friendly Product of the Year 2018 
- Swedish Steel Prize 2019 – Finalist 
- Europe Business Awards for the Environment 2020-2021– Finalist 
- Tallinn Entrepreneurship Awards - Solution for the Future 2020 award 
- "The company". Roofit.solar.
- "Andri Jagomägi". etis.ee.
- "Andri Jagomägi". researchgate.net.
- Jagomägi, A. (2010). "Comparative Outdoor Characterisation of PV Modules Across Europe". researchgate.net. Retrieved December 28, 2020.
- "Estonia: Roofit.solar developing planning software for electricity-producing roofs". The Baltic Course. September 24, 2020. Retrieved December 28, 2020.
- "Norway Grants Green ICT programme". Roofit.solar.
- "Support from the Estonian-Norwegian cooperation program "Green ICT" of the Enterprise Estonia". Roofit.solar.
- "NUTIKAS". Estonian Research Council.
- "Estonian Research Council". Estonian Research Council.
- "A project organized within the NUTIKAS framework". Roofit.solar. Retrieved December 28, 2020.
- "ENGIE announces joint winners for Whole House Retrofit solutions". engie.co.uk. October 17, 2018.
- "Danubia NanoTech wins EIT InnoEnergy PowerUp! 2019". eit.europa.eu. May 22, 2019.
- "Start Up Energy Transition Award 2019: Finalists nominated". Startup Energy Transition. March 18, 2019.
- "Suurel keskkonnagalal kuulutati välja 2018. aasta kõige keskkonnasõbralikum tegu ja ettevõte". Ministry of the Environment of Estonia. January 31, 2019.
- "Roofit.solar named Swedish Steel Prize 2019 finalist". ssab.com. October 30, 2019.
- "Finalists and Rising Stars 2020-2021". ec.europa.eu. Retrieved December 28, 2020.
- "Winners received their Tallinn Entrepreneurship Awards". themayor.eu. October 8, 2020.
|Review waiting, please be patient.
This may take 5 months or more, since drafts are reviewed in no specific order. There are 5,562 pending submissions waiting for review.