|Publisher||Devil's Due Publishing|
|Publication date||September 2007 - Present|
|Written by||Mark Powers|
|Volume 1||ISBN 1-934692-04-2|
|Volume 2||ISBN 1-934692-33-6|
The 99 cent Preview was published in June 2007 and the main series began in September 2007. As of December 2010, twelve issues have been published.
It is the story of the human race in the early 21st century, and their encounter with alien beings who need their help in an intergalactic war. Without much choice, the humans of Earth are drafted into the conflict.
In the one-shot publication Drafted: One Hundred Days, scheduled to ship in June, 2009, the story picks up after the first wave of alien attacks has been repulsed. As Chicago suffers through the worst winter in a century, former U.S. Senator Barack Obama is conscripted into a construction unit tasked to rebuild the city.
The first 6 issues and the 99 cent preview issue were released in a trade paperback on May 21, 2008 in the US (ISBN 1-934692-04-2), and in the UK on March 1, 2008. The UK volume 1 includes the 99 cent preview issue, but only collects issues 1 - 5.
- Volume 1 (144 pages, March 2008, ISBN 1-934692-04-2)
- Volume 2 (144 pages, December 2008, ISBN 1-934692-33-6)
- Manker, Rob (April 4, 2009). "Barack Obama comic books: 'Barack the Barbarian' and 'Drafted: One Hundred Days". Chicago Tribune. Archived from the original on May 28, 2010. Retrieved August 7, 2009.
- G4 Archived October 11, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- Cinemusings Archived October 4, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- 'Drafted' #1 Archived June 6, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- New Line Options DRAFTED Comic | Mania.com Archived June 26, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- "Devil's Due Publishing - Drafted vol. 1 TPB". Archived from the original on 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2008-07-06.
- Drafted (2010) Archived July 20, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Yamato, Jen. "Benderspink Plots 'Drafted' Sci-Fi Comic Book Movie". Deadline.com. Retrieved 21 May 2016.