From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up drag in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Drag or The Drag may refer to:
- Drag, Norway, a village in Tysfjord municipality, Nordland, Norway
- Drág, the Hungarian name for Dragu Commune in Sălaj County, Romania
- Drag (Austin, Texas), the portion of Guadalupe Street adjacent to the University of Texas at Austin
In science and technology
- A deep inhalation of a cigarette
- Drag (physics), the force which resists motion of an object through a fluid
- Drag equation, a mathematical equation used in analyzing the magnitude of drag caused by fluid flow
- Drag coefficient, a non-dimensional coefficient that is one of the terms in the drag equation
- Aerodynamic drag, the aerodynamic force which resists motion of an aircraft or other object through the air
- Drag crisis, a rapid change in drag coefficient over a small range of Reynolds number
- Park drag, a type of carriage
- Police drag, a small dredge used to recover objects or bodies lost in shallow water
- Drag harrow, in agriculture, a heavy type of harrow used to break up soil
- Drag parachute, a parachute to reduce the speed of vehicles
- Drag system, a mechanical means of applying variable pressure to a fishing rod reel in order to act as a friction brake
- Drag and drop, a computer input gesture
In theatre and entertainment
- Drag (clothing), the clothing associated with one gender role when worn by a person of another gender
- Drag show, entertainment, cross-dressing ensemble
- The Drag (play), a Mae West play
- Drag (film), a 1929 drama film directed by Frank Lloyd
- The Drag (film), a 1966 Canadian animated short
- Drag racing, a form of automobile racing
- Drag suit, a type of training swimwear.
- Drag hunting, a form of hunting with hounds
- To drag, in music, to play slower than the indicated tempo
- Witch house (music genre), a subgenre of dark electronic music
- Slow Drag (dance), a genre of blues dancing
- Drag (percussion), in drumming, one of the 26 rudiments, or basic patterns used in rudimental drumming
- Drag (band), an Australian band
- "Drag", a song by King Adora released on the single "Drag/9" Of Pure Malice"
- "The Drag", a song by Ty Segall from the album Ty Segall
- "Drag", a song by Hole released on the single "Malibu (song)"
- "Drag", a song by Ronnie Linares and The Del-Aires
- "Drag", a song by Steve Wynn
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Drag.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.