|Born||7 August 1948|
Belgrade, PR Serbia, FPR Yugoslavia
|Listed height||1.98 m (6 ft 6 in)|
|Listed weight||95 kg (209 lb)|
|NBA draft||1970 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Dragan Kapičić (Serbian Cyrillic: Драган Капичић; born 7 August 1948) is a retired Serbian basketball player and executive.
Kapičić played for the Crvena zvezda in his hometown Belgrade in the Yugoslav First League from 1965 to 1977. His teammates were Zoran Slavnić, Ljubodrag Simonović, Dragiša Vučinić and Vladimir Cvetković among others. With them he won two National Championships, three National Cups and one FIBA European Cup Winners' Cup (nowadays Saporta Cup). He is the most points scored leader of Crvena zvezda.
National team career
Kapičić was the president of the Basketball Federation of Serbia from April 2007 to April 2011.
Kapičić is the son of Jovo (1919‒2013), who was a Yugoslav People's Army general and recipient of the Order of the People's Hero. He married Slobodanka "Beba" Žugić, a Montenegrin actress. The couple have two sons.
His son Stefan (born 1978) is an actor best known for his role of Colossus in Deadpool (2016) and Deadpool 2 (2018). In 2015 Serbian sports drama We Will Be the World Champions Kapičić is portrayed by his son Stefan.
- Yugoslav League champion: 2 (with Crvena zvezda: 1968–69, 1971–72).
- Yugoslav Cup winner: 3 (with Crvena zvezda: 1970–71, 1972–73, 1974–75).
- FIBA European Cup Winners' Cup champion: 1 (with Crvena zvezda: 1973–74).
- KK Crvena zvezda accomplishments and records
- Yugoslav First Federal Basketball League career stats leaders
- Souly: Kaponja - kapiten svih zvezda, Koš magazin
- Kapičići za sve generacije
- Dragan Kapicic. Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved July 3, 2016.
- Narodni heroji Jugoslavije. „Mladost“ Beograd, 1975. godina
- Ljubavne priče slavnih sportista
- Full Cast & Crew of We Will Be the World Champions
| President of the Basketball Federation of Serbia
2007 – 2011