Dragana Kršenković Brković
Dragana Kršenković Brković (Драгана Кршенковић Брковић) is a Montenegrin writer.
Kršenkovic Brković graduated from the Faculty of Political Sciences and from the Faculty of Drama Arts. TV Belgrade screened her play - Vrele kapi in 1981. She wrote it for an entrance examination.
As the Wars in the Balkans erupted, she moved from Belgrade, Serbia, to Podgorica, Montenegro. There, Kršenković Brković established a puppet theater called the Blue Lagoon, with her husband, Tomislav Brković.
Dragana Kršenković Brković was a Hubert Humphrey fellow 2005-06, which is part of the Fulbright Exchange Program. She spent a year in Washington DC, US. She also received an Austrian Government grant in order to carry out research at the University of Graz in Austria in 2008.
Krsenkovic Brkovic was a guest writer in residential programs in the US (the apexart New York City Fellowship, NYC, 2014), Hungary (Pecs Writers Program, Pecs, 2013), and Austria (Writers in Residence program, KulturKontakt Austria, Vienna, 2011).
Her plays are performed in many Balkan countries. Four of her plays are set texts for elementary schools in Montenegro and Macedonia. Her book The Genie of Lake Manito was selected for the 2011 White Ravens Awards. by the Internationale Jugendbibliothek in Munich, Germany.
Her stories have been published in many renowned international magazines: Buchkultur, Blesok, Sarajevo Notebook, ARS, etc.
Krsenkovic Brkovic has published two novels, two story collections, one collection of drama plays, one monograph, and several children's books.
- Atelanska igra / The Atellan Farce
- Izgubljeni pečat / The Lost Seal
- Vatra u Aleksandriji / The Fire in Alexandria
- Iza nevidljivog zida / Behind the Invisible Wall
- Gospodarska palata / The Master's Palace
- Children's books
- Modra planina / The Blue Mountain
- Muzičar s cilindrom i cvetom na reveru / Musician with a Cylinder and a Flower on His Lapel
- Tajna jedne Tajne / Secret's Secret
- Duh Manitog jezera / The Genie of Lake Manito
- Tajna plavog kristala /The Secret of a Blue Crystal
- Poetika prolaznosti: Organizacija vremena u "Ranim jadima" Danila Kiša / The Poetics of Impermanence: Organisation of Time in Danilo Kiš's "Early Sorrows"
- Onirizam Edgara Alana Poa i egzistencijalni nemir Alise Ostrajker / Edgar Allan Poe's Oneirism and the Existential Angst of Alicia Ostriker
- Feministička revizija mitologije: Razbijanje patrijarhalnih obrazaca identifikacije žene u klasičnim bajkama / Feminist Revision of Mythology: Breaking the Patriarchal Patterns of the Women Identification in Classic Fairy Tales
- Zaboravljeno putovanje - tragovi utisnuti u bajkama / Forgotten Journey - Traces Imprinted in Fairy Tales
|This Montenegrin biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|