Dragging the Gut Festival
The Dragging the Gut Festival is a three-day event held each year on the fourth weekend of August (August 24–26, 2017) in the historic downtown of McMinnville, Oregon. The festival gives participants the chance to relive the classic 1950's car Cruising (driving) on the main street that took place for decades in small towns.
The Dragging the Gut Festival's Car Show is a traditional sitting car show held 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the Saturday (August 26, 2017) of the Dragging the Gut Festival. The car show is a side event of the festival before the Saturday main cruising event begins. The car show is held in McMinnville at the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, home of Howard Hughes' famed "Spruce Goose" flying boat.
- "United States Patent and Trademark Office listing".
- "Official Dragging the Gut Festival Website at GutFest.com".
- Bonnie King (10-11-2010). "Dragging the Gut Drives Crowds to Relive The Good Ole Days in McMinnville". Salem-News.com. Check date values in:
- Dan Knopp (10-9-2010). "Dragging the Gut in McMinnville". PDX Car Culture. Archived from the original on 2011-07-15. Check date values in:
- Karl Klooster (2010-10-14). "Retro cruise-in revs up Mac". News-Register (McMinnville). Archived from the original on 2011-07-14.
- News-Register (1-4-2012). "Ducks' Rose Bowl shine originated in Newberg: KOCH CAR SHOW". News-Register (McMinnville). Check date values in:
- "Dragging the Gut Festival Car Show webpage".