From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up dragon in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A dragon is a legendary creature, typically scaled or fire-spewing and with serpentine, reptilian or avian traits.
Dragon may also refer to:
- 1 Places
- 2 People
- 3 Arts, entertainment, and media
- 4 Companies
- 5 Education
- 6 Mathematics and computing
- 7 Military
- 8 Nobility and royalty
- 9 Science
- 10 Sports teams
- 11 Transport
- 12 Other uses
- 13 See also
- Dragon, Utah, United States, a ghost town
- Dragon Cone, a volcano in British Columbia, Canada
- Dragon Hill, Uffington, England, United Kingdom
- "The Dragon", a section of U.S. 129 between Deals Gap, North Carolina, and Punkin Center, Tennessee, in the United States
- The Dragon, a grouping of galaxies in the field of Abell 370
- Vlad II Dracul (1390–1447), duke of Wallachia, nicknamed "Vlad the Dragon"
- Carmen Dragon (1914–1984), an American conductor and composer
- Daryl Dragon (born 1942), an American musician and member of Captain & Tennille
- Tatsumi Fujinami (born 1953), a Japanese professional wrestler, nicknamed "The Dragon"
- Bruce Lee (1940–1973), a Chinese actor and martial artist, nicknamed "The Dragon"
- Lyoto Machida (born 1978), a Brazilian martial artist, nicknamed "The Dragon"
- Ricky Steamboat (born 1953), an American professional wrestler, nicknamed "The Dragon"
- Matthew Stevens, a snooker player nicknamed "The Welsh Dragon"
- Don "The Dragon" Wilson (born 1954), an American champion kickboxer and actor
Arts, entertainment, and media
- Dragon (Dungeons & Dragons)
- Dragon (Middle-earth), by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Dragon (Shrek)
- Dragons (Dragon Prince), by Melanie Rawn
- Dragons (Pern), by Anne McCaffrey
- The Dragon (Beowulf)
- Richard Dragon, a comic book character
- Dragon Shiryū, a Saint Seiya character
- Dragon (2006 film), an action/fantasy film
- Dragon (2011 film), a Hong Kong-Chinese martial arts thriller
- Dragon (2017 film), an upcoming Indian, Hindi superhero film.
- Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, a 1993 biographical film
- Dragons 3D, a 2013 IMAX film starring Max von Sydow
- Dragon (magazine), a Dungeons & Dragons magazine
- Dragon, a version of the video game Mega Man Star Force
- Dragon tiles, a type of honor tile in mahjong
- Sicilian Defence, Dragon Variation, a chess opening
- Dragon (Brust novel), a 1998 novel by Steven Brust
- Dragon (Cussler novel), a 1990 novel by Clive Cussler
- Dragon (fantasy series), fantasy novels by Laurence Yep (1982–1992)
- "Dragon" (Kalapugama short story), by Anandasiri Kalapugama (1975)
- Dragon (poem), by Aleksey Tolstoy (1875)
- "Dragon: the Old Potter's Tale", a short story by Ryūnosuke Akutagawa (1919)
- Dragon Magazine (Fujimi Shobo), a Japanese light novel magazine (1988-current)
- The Dragon (fairy tale)
- "The Dragon" (short story), by Ray Bradbury (1955)
- The Dragon (theatre play), by Evgeny Shvarts (1944)
- The Dragons, a 1996 fantasy novel by Douglas Niles
- Dragon (band), a New Zealand/Australian rock group
- Dragons (band), an English group
- The Dragons (band), an American rock group
- Dragon Records, a Swedish jazz record label
- "Dragon", a song by Miriam Bryant
- "Dragon", a song by Martin Garrix on the album Break Through the Silence (EP)
- "Dragon", a song by The Sugarcubes on the album Life's Too Good
- "Dragons", a song by Caravan Palace on the album Caravan Palace
- Dragon (Adventureland), Iowa, United States
- Dragon Challenge, Orlando, Florida
- Dragon Coaster (Playland), Rye, New York
- The Dragon, Ocean Park, Hong Kong
- Dragon (TV series), a Canadian children's TV program
- Dragon Television, a Chinese provincial satellite TV station
- Dragon, a 2013 co-production by Vox Motus, National Theatre of Scotland and Tianjin Children’s Art Theatre
- Dragon Models Limited, a toy manufacturer
- Dragon Petroleum, a Welsh fuel company
- Dragonair, an airline
- Dragon School, a British preparatory school in Oxford, England
- The Dragon Academy, a private school in Ontario, Canada
Mathematics and computing
- Dragon (cipher)
- Dragon (remote sensing)
- AMD Dragon, a platform engineered for gamers
- Comodo Dragon (web browser)
- Dragon chip, a line of Chinese CPUs
- Dragon curve, a family of fractal curves
- Dragon Data, a Welsh computer manufacturer
- Dragon 32/64, two 1980s home computers
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking, a speech recognition software package
- Dragon (pistol), the short version of the blunderbuss
- HMS Dragon, the name of several ships of the English/British Navy
- M47 Dragon, an American anti-tank missile system
- USS Dragon (1861), a Union Navy steamer during the American Civil War
- "Dragons" (a USMC helicopter squadron), see: VMM-265
- The Dragons, a display team consisting of 4 x Hawker Hunters of No. 4 Flying Training School RAF during 1973
Nobility and royalty
- Dragon Throne, the throne of the Emperor of China
- Order of the Dragon (literally "Society of the Dragonists"), was a monarchical chivalric order for selected nobility
- Draco (constellation), a constellation in the far northern sky
- DRAGON (protein), a membrane receptor protein
- Draco volans, commonly known as the flying dragon, a species of lizard endemic to Southeast Asia
- Komodo dragon, a large species of lizard found in the Indonesian islands of Komodo
- Pogona, a genus of Australian lizards commonly called "bearded dragons"
- AS Dragons, a soccer team in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- AS Dragons FC de l'Ouémé, a soccer team in Benin
- Dragón FC, a soccer team in Equatorial Guinea
- China Dragon, an ice hockey team in China
- Chunichi Dragons, a baseball team in Japan
- Chunnam Dragons, a football team in South Korea
- Jeonnam Dragons, a football team in South Korea
- Jiangsu Dragons, a Chinese Basketball Association team
- Sichuan Dragons, a baseball team in China
- Welcoat Dragons, a basketball team in the Philippines
Australia and Oceania
- A.S. Dragon (Tahiti), a soccer team
- Darwin Dragons SC, a soccer team
- Engadine Dragons, a junior rugby league team
- Northcote Football Club, aka the Northcote Dragons, an Australian rules Football team
- St. George Dragons, a rugby league team
- St. George Illawarra Dragons, a rugby league football club
- Shellharbour City Dragons, a rugby league team
- South Dragons, a former team in the Australasian National Basketball League (2006-2009)
- AS Dragon (Guadeloupe), a soccer team
- Barcelona Dragons, an American football team in Spain
- Catalans Dragons, a rugby league club in France
- Celtic Dragons, a netball team in Wales, U.K.
- Delft Dragons, an American football team in the Netherlands
- Dragons de Rouen, an ice hockey team in France
- Dublin Dragons, an American football team in Ireland
- Dudelange Dragons, an American football team in Luxembourg
- Glamorgan Dragons, a cricket team in the United Kingdom
- Newport Gwent Dragons, a rugby union team in Wales, U.K.
- RC Dragon Brno, a rugby union team in the Czech Republic
- C.D. Dragón, a soccer team in El Salvador
- Chesapeake Dragons, a soccer team in the U.S.
- Dayton Dragons, a baseball team in the U.S.
- Dragon Racing, an American auto racing team
- Dragons, nickname of sports teams at Jefferson High School in Jefferson, Georgia in the U.S.
- Dragons, nickname of sports teams at Lake Orion High School in Lake Orion, Michigan in the U.S.
- Drexel Dragons, the sports teams of Drexel University in the U.S.
- Jersey Dragons, a soccer team in the U.S.
- Lane College Dragons, the sports teams of Lane College in the U.S.
- Los Angeles Dragons, an American football team in the U.S.
- Moorhead Dragons, the sports teams of Minnesota State University Moorhead in the U.S.
- New York Dragons, an Arena Football League team in the U.S.
- San Antonio Dragons, an ice hockey team in the U.S.
- San Francisco Dragons, a field lacrosse team in the U.S.
- Thomasville Dragons, a women's soccer team in the U.S.
- Tiffin Dragons, the sports teams at Tiffin University in the U.S.
- Verdun Dragons, an ice hockey team in Canada
- Wisconsin Dragons, a women's tackle football team in the U.S.
- de Havilland Dragon, a small commercial aircraft
- Douglas B-23 Dragon, a twin-engined bomber aircraft
- Independence Dragon, a German paraglider design
- Dragon (Russian car company)
- Dragon Automobile Company, an American manufacturer (1906-1908)
- Dennis Dragon, a bus
- Kaiser Dragon, a 1950s American car
- Dragon (1848–1872), a GWR Iron Duke Class locomotive
- Dragon (1873–1892), a South Devon Railway Buffalo class locomotive
- Dragon (1880–1892), a GWR Rover class locomotive
- Dragon (1891-1915), a GWR 3031 Class locomotive
- Dragon (2009–present) Newag E6ACT, an electric freight locomotive
- Dragon (keelboat), a sailing yacht, used in racing
- Dragon boat, a narrow canoe-style boat, used for the sport of dragon boat racing
- Dragon (rocket), a French research sounding rocket
- SpaceX Dragon, used by SpaceX to transport cargo to and from the International Space Station
- Dragon (zodiac), in the Chinese zodiac
- Dragon reactor, a gas-cooled nuclear reactor in England
- Welsh Dragon, the flag of Wales
- Dracaena (disambiguation)
- Draco (disambiguation)
- Dragone (disambiguation)
- DRAKON, (Russian: ДРАКОН, "dragon"), a programming language used in flight controllers for rockets and space vehicles
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dragon.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.