|Release date(s)||Arcade: 2000
PlayStation 2: 2006
Dragon Blaze is a shoot 'em up arcade game developed and published in 2000 by Psikyo. It was ported to the PlayStation 2 as part of Taito's Psikyo Shooting Collection Vol. 3: Sol Divide & Dragon Blaze compilation in 2005. The game was later also released on its own as a budget range title for the PlayStation 2 in Europe by 505 Games on 2006. Not to be confused with the unrelated Dragon Blaze game by Gamevil.
Dragon Blaze plays like many typical 2D vertically scrolling shooters by Psikyo, giving each character a normal shot, a charged shot, and a magic bomb. But each character (Quaid, Sonia, Ian, Rob) also rides a dragon, which can be dismounted and be used as a weapon itself. The dismounted dragon initially acts as a piercing weapon, and then remains stationary shooting until the player calls it back using the same button. It can also be used to collect items.
- "彩京シューティングコレクション Vol.3 ソルディバイド&ドラゴンブレイズ | ソフトウェアカタログ | プレイステーション® オフィシャルサイト". Jp.playstation.com. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "Dragon Blaze for PlayStation 2". GameRankings. 2006-06-23. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "Dragon Blaze". Dragonblaze.gamevil.com. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "ドラゴンブレイズ SYSTEM". Psikyobabble.com. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- Official website (Japanese)
- Dragon Blaze at the Killer List of Videogames
- Dragon Blaze at Hardcore Gaming 101
- Dragon Blaze at the International Arcade Museum
- Dragon Blaze at World of Arcades
|This scrolling shooter article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|