|Genre(s)||Social network game|
Dragon City follows players to raise their own dragons and design a city full of dragons on floating islands. Gold produced by dragons that can be used to buy and upgrade buildings and habitats. The farms exchange gold for food, which can be used to level up dragons that evolve them, improve strength depending on the dragon's rarity, and increase gold production. Breeding allows two dragons above the level of 4 to produce a hybrid dragon. Gems are the premium currency that can be collected via in-app purchases; and by other tasks for collecting Gems.
Once a player has reached the player level 27, the Ancient World appears, which is an area of the game where the gold can be exchanged for crystals (ruby, sapphire, topaz, emerald, onyx, diamond) which can be collected from mines that can be used to summon ancient dragons. The crafting station used to craft crystals equivalent to the current crystal with numerous raw crystals and previously crafted crystals using platinum. Platinum is generated by the ancient dragons similarly to how the regular dragons generate gold.
Dragon City was first released in Facebook in May 2012, with iOS and Android in 2013. On February 26, 2019, the Microsoft Windows version of the game was released. On February 2, 2020, the Facebook version of the game was closed.
- July 2020, Brittany Vincent 29. "How to download Dragon City". Tom's Guide. Retrieved 8 March 2021.
- Sponsored. "Guide to the Ancient World: part one". www.pocketgamer.com. Retrieved 8 March 2021.
- Scott Reyburn (30 May 2013). "Social Point's Andrés Bou on Dragon City's success on mobile, sticking with the Facebook platform and plans for 2013 | SocialTimes". Insidemobileapps.com. Archived from the original on 21 December 2014. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "How We Made Dragon City Mobile. | Social Point". Socialpoint.es. Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Microsoft Store version FAQ - Socialpoint Support". Socialpoint.es. Archived from the original on 30 November 2020. Retrieved 30 November 2020.
- "Dragon City - Socialpoint Support". Socialpoint.es. Archived from the original on 30 November 2020. Retrieved 30 November 2020.