||This article may require copy editing for Grammar/poor tranlation. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Cover of the first light novel volume featuring Eco
(Seikoku no Doraguna)
|Genre||Fantasy, Romantic comedy, Harem|
|Written by||Shiki Mizuchi|
|Illustrated by||Kohada Shimesaba|
|Published by||Media Factory|
|Imprint||MF Bunko J|
|Original run||June 25, 2010 – November 25, 2015|
|Written by||Shiki Mizuchi|
|Published by||Media Factory|
|Magazine||Monthly Comic Alive|
|Original run||October 22, 2011 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Shunsuke Tada
|Produced by||Ryoji Maru|
|Written by||Noboru Kimura|
|Music by||Takasugu Wakabayashi|
|Original network||AT-X, Tokyo MX, MBS, TVA, BS11|
|Original run||April 5, 2014 – June 21, 2014|
Dragonar Academy (Japanese:
On the continent of Arc Strada, civilians called breeders raise and train their dragon pals (スティード, lit. steed). Races of dragons are born from breeders who are marked with Seikoku (西谷義, lit. Star Brand), at a young age by the Mother Dragon at the Orphan Rite those chosen worthy, until it is time for them to manifest. Breeders may eventually achieve the rank of nobility by helping their Pal become a Maestro, or Holy Dragon.
Learning to ride and tame dragons comes easy to most students at Ansarivan Dragonar Academy — except for Ash Blake, a first-year student who is known by his classmates as the "problem child." Despite his unusually large star brand that marks him as a future dragon master, his pal has never appeared. Until now, that is. While challenging fellow student, princess Silvia Lautreamont, to a dragon race, Ash's dragon appears, but in a form different than any dragon ever seen before—-a beautiful girl! Ash names her Eco and soon discovers that this new dragon has attitude to spare, as she promptly informs him that she is the master, and he, her servant. Ash's problems with dragon riding have only just begun.
- Ash Blake (アッシュ・ブレイク Asshu Bureiku)
- Voiced by: Kōji Takahashi (Drama CD/Anime) (Japanese); Aaron Dismuke (English)
- A 16-year-old student at the academy, Ash's dragon "Pal" hasn't awakened. He is known as a "problem child" due to his tendency to react violently to any perceived insult to his yet-to-be-born dragon. Despite his poor reputation, his unusual talent, a phenomenon called Chalice, making him the only human (aside from his sister, Linda) able to ride other people's dragons. As a child he had no interest in becoming a Breeder but he met Silvia Lautreamont by chance during the Orphan Rite and assisted her in finding the Mother Dragon who found him worthy to become a breeder rather than Silvia. Ash insisted on giving Silvia his Pal despite the Mother Dragon's wishes and associated risks which resulted in him losing his left arm. Aware of his ability to ride any dragon, not wishing to waste such talent, Mother Dragon gave Eco to him thus replacing his lost arm itself as his Star Brand.
- After having saved the town during the Necromancia incident, Ash is deified as the Arch-bearing "Silver Knight", which corresponds to a noble rank. He accepts the offer of student council general affairs. He is later officially Knighted by Paladin Oswald, which grants him the title of Dragonar and increases his popularity with the girls of the Academy. Navi also calls him the Knight of Avalon due to him being Eco's master. In Ash's second year, he takes the Student Council President position and then founded the independent Order of the Avalon Knights.
- Eco (エーコ Ēko)
- Voiced by: Mariya Ise (Drama CD/Anime) (Japanese); Lara Woodhull (English)
- Ash's dragon pal who takes the form of a human girl. She treats Ash as her servant, much to the latter's annoyance, even though she has feelings for him. In reality, Eco is fully aware that Ash is her master and that she is the "pet" (as she describes herself), but she doesn't want to admit it because of her pride. She also believes that if she submits that she will be nothing but a "tamed pet" and will then only be loved as one, which is not the kind of love she wants from Ash. She enjoys eating crepes and especially anything mixed with Ansil - the dragon equivalent of alcohol - which is strictly prohibited to dragons since it makes them unruly. When Eco access Dragweiss where she can gather an encyclopedic ability to give Ash the magical suit of armor known as an Ark, they also give an Ark Weapon. The Ark Weapon is infused with an elemental power, and dangerous to opponents.
- She is later revealed to be the Avalon's Holy Dragons' Emperor Family's Imperial Princess and her full name is Eco Aurora-Christa Pendragon Lena Anherusu-Ilya Roransu Liliane-Muriel-Octavia-Robertine de la Rosa Resuperansu van de Compostela Avalon. According to the Mother Dragon, Eco is both human and dragon. This was arranged in order for her to breed with Ash and save the dragon race from extinction.
- Silvia Lautreamont (シルヴィア・ロートレアモン Shiruvia Rōtoreamon)
- Voiced by: Ayane Sakura (Drama CD/Anime) (Japanese); Elizabeth Parker (English)
- Fourth princess of the Lautreamont Knight Family and a Dragonar. Her "pal" is a white Maestro Dragon named Lancelot. It is revealed that she wasn't supposed to become a Dragonar, but Ash yielded Lancelot to her when the two of them met as children during the Orphan Rite. Neither of them remember meeting nor the subsequent events. Silvia soon joins the student council with Ash in charge of public morals. She is completely terrified of her older sister, Veronica, but overcomes her fears when Veronica recognizes her skills. Despite being the 4th child of the king, her older siblings are either not interested in politics, or have gone missing, which has left her as heir-presumptive to the throne.
- During their second visit to Albion Forest to search for the Mother Dragon as part of an examination, Silvia and Ash regain their lost memories. Finally realizing the magnitude of everything that Ash has done for her (giving up Lancelot and getting injured in the process), she declares her love for him and kisses him, causing her to quarrel with Eco. In later volumes, Silvia also becomes an Arch Dragonar, and vice-president of the Academy.
Ansarivan Dragon Riding Academy
- Rebecca Randall (レベッカ・ランドール Rebekka Randōru)
- Voiced by: Marina Inoue (Drama CD/Anime) (Japanese); Alexis Tipton (English)
- Third year student and Student Council President. Her dragon "pal" is a Maestro named Cú Chulainn. She is a powerful Arch Dragonar armor-user capable of summoning an unstoppable spear named Gae Bulg. She likes teasing Ash to make the other girls who like him jealous, however, she may possibly have feelings for Ash as well. When she graduates from the academy, she leaves the position of Student Council President to Ash.
- Raymond Kirkland (レイモン・カークランド Reimon Kākurando)
- Voiced by: Tomoaki Maeno (Drama CD/Anime) (Japanese); Austin Tindle (English)
- Ash's friend and a self-proclaimed "ladies' man". His "pal" is an Earth Dragon named Brigid. He, Ash and Maximilian have known each other for a long time and were once roommates when they were younger. Raymond is one of the very few students outside the Student Council to know about Ash's identity as the famous Silver Knight who had saved the town from a Necromantia dragon. In his second year, he takes the position of general affairs while Ash is promoted to student council president, including a seat in the Order of the Avalon Knights.
- Jessica Valentine (ジェシカ・ヴァレンタイン Jeshika Varentain)
- Voiced by: Kana Hanazawa (Anime) (Japanese); Skyler McIntosh (English)
- Rebecca's childhood friend who sees her as her rival. Although she acts like she's from nobility, the truth is the Valentine family have been servants of the Randall family for generations, and Rebecca threatens to expose her whenever she causes trouble. She was the president of the Silver Knight Fan Club and when she finds out that the Silver Knight is Ash, she wishes to bear his children in order to gain nobility. To cover it up, Rebecca has her resign as president of her fan club and join the student council. Her pal is a Hydra named Rhiannon.
- Lukka Saarinen (ルッカ・サーリネン Rukka Sārinen)
- Voiced by: Asuka Ōgame (Anime) (Japanese); Bryn Apprill (English)
- The Student Council secretary. An Eckbald, an elf of the forest, she is the youngest person to ever become a Dragonar. Her pal is a Maestro Dragon named Gawain. After an accident where she fell off Gawain, she developed a fear of riding her dragon. In addition, Gawain has since refused to let her ride due to his concern for his rider. Lukka is able to overcome her fear with Ash's help. She then becomes attached to him and more open to others. As an Eckbaldian Dragonar, she practices the Dragon Dance, a battle style that wins the battle against the Necromantia at the Willingham Mausoleum.
- Maximillian Russell (マクシミリアン・ラッセル Makushimirian Rasseru)
- Voiced by: Genki Muro (Drama CD/Anime) (Japanese); Derick Snow (English)
- The Student Council treasurer. His pal is a Wyvern named Airanlot. He is known to be a clean freak and does not tolerate any kind of untidiness. He, Ash and Raymond have known each other for a long time and were once roommates in their earlier school years.
- Oscar Brailsford (オスカー・ブレイスフォード Osukā Bureisufōdo)
- The Student Council vice-president who masquerades as a boy and is often absent from school lecture and activities. According to Rebecca, her skills as a Dragonar are exceptional. Likewise, Oscar wishes to make Rebecca her 'first wife.' Oscar is the daughter of the king of Chevron. After her mother's death, the king took Oscar on as a son and hid her true gender. She became the first Breeder of the land of Chevron with her pal Tristan and became an exchange student at the Academy. She has an eye-patch maid named Celestine. Accepting a long waited introduction, Oscar and Ash were initially on bad terms, in reason being Oscar forcibly take Eco for strength to obtain her thrown.
- Linda Blake (リンダ・ブレイク Rinda Bureiku)
- Ash's younger sister. Like her older brother Ash, she is able to ride any Dragon. Her "pal" Percival is the reincarnation of the Mother Dragon. Originally, Eco was intended to be Linda's pal instead is given to Ash as he had descend Lancelot to Silvia, to compensate for it Linda is given a holy dragon since both she and Ash share the Chalice phenomena as greater potential to be a breeder.
Lautreamont Knight Country
Lautreamont Royal Family
- Oswald Lautreamont (オズワルド・ロートレアモン Ozuwarudo Rōtoreamon)
- Voiced by: Takaya Hashi (Anime) (Japanese); Barry Yandell (English)
- The head of the Lautreamont family and the current ruler of the country, called The Paladin. He is a widower and a very cheerful man, who dotes on his children but is often scolded by Silvia, which he seems to enjoy (it reminds him of her late mother, Elizabeth.) He asks to meet Ash at the continental congress and grants Ash knighthood but warns him not to pursue a relationship with Silvia. The Paladin was unable to bear seeing his only son killed for the crime of murdering his Dragon, and banished Julius instead, without realizing the reasons behind his son's actions.
- Veronica Lautreamont (ヴェロニカ・ロートレアモン Veronika Rōtoreamon)
- Voiced by: Aya Endo (Anime) (Japanese); Martha Harms (English)
- First princess of the Lautreamont Family and the eldest of the four sisters. Nicknamed the Iron Blood Valkyrie, she always wears her armor, except while bathing or sleeping. Silvia is terrified of her due to the harsh training Veronica subjected her to when she was little. Although Veronica was not selected as a Breeder, she decided to train her body and hone her swordsmanship to compensate for the lack. Despite her harsh treatment of Silvia, she loves her sister dearly and, according to Julius, even has pictures of Silvia and a Silvia doll in her room. She apparently does not respect her father and wishes for Silvia to be the next Paladin, the country's ruler, telling her to "try to make me kneel before you".
- Julius Lautreamont (ジュリアス・ロートレアモン Juriasu Rōtoreamon)
- Voiced by: Takehito Koyasu (Anime) (Japanese); David Trosko (English)
- The only son of the Lautreamont family. He was supposedly executed for the charge of slaughtering his own dragon, but was secretly spared and exiled by Oswald instead. The reason he killed his dragon was because he realized that his dragon, Mordred, was the reincarnation of an evil dragon and so he tried to kill it. Unfortunately, this caused Mordred's spirit to possess him, thus creating the persona of Milgauss. He was later freed when Mordred chose to possess Eco instead.
- Cassandra Lautreamont (カサンドラ・ロートレアモン Kasandora Rōtoreamon)
- Second daughter of the Lautreamont family. She has gone missing.
- Mirabel Lautreamont (ミラベル・ロートレアモン Miraberu Rōtoreamon)
- Third daughter of the Lautreamont family. She took the position as Ansarivan Dragon Riding Academy's principal after the previous principal retired. She has a cold but calm demeanor and is usually seen drinking tea even in the middle ceremonies or meetings. According to Silvia, she is a scholar who is studying and doing research abroad. She became Ansarivan's principal on Veronica's orders to watch over Eco but she admits that she came for another reason and that she does not care for Veronica's orders. According to Ash, she does not seem to respect Veronica at all, having referred to her eldest sister a "muscle freak".
- Angela Cornwell (アンジェラ・コーンウェル Anjera Kōnweru)
- Voiced by: Haruhi Terada (Drama CD/Anime) (Japanese); Jennifer Green (English)
- An expert in the field of dragons. She kidnapped Eco and tried to vivisect her, but she was stopped by Ash. Afterwards, so as to be able to observe Ash and Eco, she becomes the new homeroom teacher of Ash's class, much to the surprise of Ash and Silvia, and the delight of all the other male students. She and Julius knew each other before his supposed execution and she is hinted to have feelings for him. Because of this, she is the first person to realize Milgaus' true identity.
- Cosette Shelley (コゼット・シェリー Kosetto Sherī)
- Voiced by: Yoshiko Ikuta (Drama CD/Anime) (Japanese); Felecia Angelle (English)
- Silvia's loyal personal maid. She is very cunning and a master of disguise and given to teasing Silvia and Ash. She is one of the few people who does not fear Veronica, who has asked her to leave Silvia's service and serve her instead on multiple occasions.
- Primrose Shelley (プリムローズ・シェリー Purimurōzu Sherī)
- Voiced by: Ai Kakuma (Anime) (Japanese); Morgan Garrett (English)
- Cosette's older sister and Veronica's personal maid. Unlike her sister, she's rather clumsy and carefree and is known for her large bust.
- Avdocha Kiltzkaya (アヴドーチャ・キルツカヤ Avudōcha Kirutsukaya)
- Voiced by: Yū Kobayashi (Anime) (Japanese); Jad Saxton (English)
- A former terrorist of the Tantalos tribe who now works for Veronica as an undercover agent. She decided to help her as a way of finding her long-lost sister, Shamara.
- Glenn McGuire (グレン・マクガイア Guren Makugaia)
- Voiced by: Kazuma Horie (Anime) (Japanese); Will Short (English)
- A knight at Veronica's service. He was Julius Lautreamont's best friend, until his execution, which caused him to become a serious and nearly emotionless person. He is also an Arch Dragonar armor user.
- Orletta Blanc (オルエッタ・ブラン Oruetta Buran)
- Voiced by: Yūka Aisaka (Anime) (Japanese); Leah Clark (English)
- Royal postman who rides a wyvern.
- Klaus Viderhausen (クラウス・ヴィターハウゼン Kurausu Vitāhauzen)
- Voiced by: Eiji Miyashita (Anime) (Japanese); Robert McCollum (English)
- A nobleman sent to represent the Zepharos Empire in the Continental Congress. He took Julius in after he found him wandering after he lost his memories and became possessed by Mordred.
- Milgaus (ミルガウス Mirugausu)
- Voiced by: Takehito Koyasu (Drama CD/Anime) (Japanese); David Trosko (English)
- A masked man working for the Zepharos Empire, he is capable of summoning a Necromancer Dragon, a resurrected corpse of a dragon. He is later revealed to be Prince Julius, thought to have been executed many years ago, but now possessed by the spirit of the dark dragon king Mordred, who tries to gain control of the Dragweiss.
- Anya (アーニャ Ānya) / Shamara Kiltzkaya (シャマラ・キルツカヤ Shamara Kirutsukaya)
- Voiced by: Asami Shimoda (Drama CD/Anime) (Japanese); Sarah Wiedenheft (English)
- An assassin and head of the Tantalos tribe who works for Milgaus and is very dedicated to him, but after being saved by Ash, she develops an interest in him. She is later revealed to be Avdocha's long lost sister.
- Navi (ナヴィー Navī)
- Voiced by: Yui Sakakibara (Drama CD/Anime) (Japanese); Monica Rial (English)
- Navi is the overseer of the Dragon Workshop and has access to all of the knowledge of past dragons. She appears as an older version of Eco. She is later revealed to be the incarnation of the Dragweiss itself, the repository of all dragon knowledge. Once she matures, Eco will absorb Navi, thus gaining access to the full knowledge, wisdom, and power of the Dragweiss. By doing so, she will direct the future of the Dragon race. According to Navi, her current appearance is what Eco will look like when the latter grows up. Navi thinks it would be fine if Ash ended up marrying both Silvia and Eco.
- Mordred (モルドレッド Morudoreddo)
- Voiced by: Takaya Kuroda (Anime) (Japanese); Chris Rager (English)
- Mordred was the Dragon pal of Prince Julius Lautreamont. As his dragon grew older, Julius discovered that Mordred had a malevolent aspect to his personality, born from his ancestral memory as a descendant of the dark kingdom of Nehalennia, and that it was slowly taking him over. To that end, Mordred conspired with the Prince to kill himself, hoping that it would also kill his evil self.
- Unfortunately, Mordred's evil self was able to escape the death of its body and possess Julius. When the Paladin spared Julius' life, he unwittingly allowed Mordred to survive as well. Mordred later tries to possess Eco in order to fully revive himself, but Navi resists his attack which allows Ash and Eco to defeat and forcefully expel him. His spirit flees and is last seen flying to the east. In the manga series Mordred is actually a female who looks like a Lolli girl.
- Nuada (ヌァザ Nwaza)
- A Legendary Dragon, he was resurrected by Milgaus to fight Ash and his friends. According to his legend, he was the Pal of a sick girl. Believing his master was about to die, Nuada cut off his Astral Flow with her, the link that allows a dragon to absorb Astral (magical energy required by all things to survive, but no longer produced by extremely magical races like dragons and elves) from its rider, and left for the Willingham Mausoleum where he died alone not realizing his master had recovered.
- Mother Dragon (マザー・ドラゴン Mazā Doragon)
- Voiced by: Fumi Hirano (Anime) (Japanese); Linda Leonard (English)
- She is an unseen presence in the world. Despite being called the mother dragon, she claims that she is not actually the dragon's mother but merely a system which distributes Dragons to deserving Breeders. The Mother Dragon is a large and powerful dragon and unlike other dragons, she is able to survive without a partner. Only people with the ability to become breeders are able to see her and it is she who chooses who, and who will not, become Breeders during the Orphan Rite. She was created by a wise dragon in order to save their kind after an accident took away the ability of magical races (such as dragons and elves) to produce Astral, bringing the dragon race to the brink of extinction. Only recently has the Mother Dragon realized that she was dying. She christens a dragon with a human form (Eco) in order that she bear children with a human and so save their race.
Dragonar Academy began as a light novel series written by Shiki Mizuchi with illustrations by Kohada Shimesaba, published by Media Factory under their MF Bunko J imprint. The first volume was released in Japan on June 25, 2010, and the last on November 25, 2015, with a total of 20 volumes published.
|01||June 25, 2010||ISBN 978-4-8401-3420-0|
|02||September 24, 2010||ISBN 978-4-8401-3508-5|
|03||January 25, 2011||ISBN 978-4-8401-3696-9|
|04||April 25, 2011||ISBN 978-4-8401-3895-6|
|05||July 23, 2011||ISBN 978-4-8401-3975-5|
|06||October 25, 2011||ISBN 978-4-8401-4271-7|
|07||January 25, 2012||ISBN 978-4-8401-4374-5|
|08||April 25, 2012||ISBN 978-4-8401-4548-0|
|09||July 25, 2012||ISBN 978-4-8401-4645-6|
|10||October 25, 2012||ISBN 978-4-8401-4847-4|
|11||January 25, 2013||ISBN 978-4-8401-4960-0|
|12||April 25, 2013||ISBN 978-4-8401-5157-3|
|13||July 25, 2013||ISBN 978-4-8401-5246-4|
|14||November 25, 2013||ISBN 978-4-04-066072-1|
|15||April 25, 2014||ISBN 978-4-04-066377-7|
|16||June 25, 2014||ISBN 978-4-04-066778-2|
|17||November 24, 2014||ISBN 978-4-04-067167-3|
|18||March 25, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-067469-8|
|19||July 24, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-067715-6|
|20||November 25, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-067953-2|
A CD drama was released by Media Factory on October 24, 2012. The drama is split into two episodes: "Eco the Dragon Girl" (エーコは竜の娘 Ēco wa Ryū no Musume) and "The Streets of Ansarivan" (アンサリヴァンの市街区 Ansarivan no Shigai-ku). The opening theme is "Astral Flow" by Haruka Shimotsuki, and a short version of the song was featured as a bonus track. The full song was later featured in Uta J (うたJ, lit. Song J), Media Factory's album commemorating MF Bunko J's tenth anniversary, released on August 29, 2012.
A manga adaptation illustrated by Ran began serialization in the June 2011 issue of Monthly Comic Alive (released on April 27, 2011). The first bound volume was released by Media Factory on October 22, 2011, with a total of ten volumes published under their Alive Comics imprint. The manga is licensed in North America by Seven Seas Entertainment under the title Dragonar Academy.
|No.||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN||English release date||English ISBN|
|01||October 22, 2011||ISBN 978-4-8401-4048-5||February 04, 2014||ISBN 978-1-626920-04-0|
|02||April 23, 2012||ISBN 978-4-8401-4434-6||May 20, 2014||ISBN 978-1-626920-16-3|
|03||October 23, 2012||ISBN 978-4-8401-4733-0||August 5, 2017||ISBN 978-1-626920-45-3|
|04||April 23, 2013||ISBN 978-4-8401-5049-1||November 18, 2014||ISBN 978-1-626920-83-5|
|05||July 23, 2013||ISBN 978-4-0406-6531-3||February 10, 2015||ISBN 978-1-626921-13-9|
|06||November 22, 2013||ISBN 978-4-0406-6117-9||May 5, 2015||ISBN 978-1-626921-29-0|
|07||March 22, 2014||ISBN 978-4-0406-6504-7||August 4, 2015||ISBN 978-1-626921-67-2|
|08||November 22, 2014||ISBN 978-4-0406-6896-3||November 10, 2015||ISBN 978-1-626922-11-2|
|09||April 23, 2015||ISBN 978-4-0406-7512-1||February 16, 2016||ISBN 978-1-626922-40-2|
|10||August 22, 2015||ISBN 978-4-0406-7595-4||August 2, 2016||ISBN 978-1-626922-70-9|
|11||March 23, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-068221-1||April 18, 2017||ISBN 978-1-626922-95-2|
|12||June 23, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-068277-8||June 13, 2017||ISBN 978-1-626925-29-8|
|13||December 23, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-068592-2||December 5, 2017||ISBN 978-1-626925-89-2|
An anime television series premiered on April 5, 2014, on AT-X and at later dates on Tokyo MX, MBS, TVA and BS11. The anime series is animated by C-Station and directed by Shunsuke Tada. The series adapts the first four volumes of the light novels. The series is licensed by Funimation in North America, and airs on their TV station.
|1||"A Boy & His Dragon"
"Shōnen to Ryū" (少年と竜)
|April 5, 2014|
|Ash finds himself in a bit of trouble with the Princess Silvia when she insults him and must race her to prove her wrong. Partway in the race, Ash gets ambushed by the imperial. When the enemy's life was in danger, Ash jumped and saved her. He was later bound to die but was saved when his pal awakens.|
|2||"Ties That Bind: The Astral Flow"
"Futari no Kizuna Asutoraru Furō" (二人の絆・星精路（アストラル・フロウ）)
|April 12, 2014|
|Ash's pal is born and is named Eco by him. She is not what he expects. Later, while out shopping with Eco, she is kidnapped by Angela Cornwell and rescued by Ash and Princess Silvia.|
|3||"Riot in the Streets"
"Shigai Dōran" (市街動乱)
|April 19, 2014|
|A massive dragon attacks the town and its up to the student council members to help out. While fighting it, Eco is captured by this dragon. Eco was sent to a workshop which is used to make Arcks. Then she meets a person named Navi. Navi explains the situation and how Eco can help it by creating an Arch.|
|04||"Iron Blood Valkyrie"
"Airan Buraddo Varukirī" (鉄血戦乙女（アイアンブラッドヴァルキリー）)
|April 26, 2014|
|After having defeated the dragon, a fan club is set up by some students looking for the identity of the Silver Knight that defeated the dragon. Ash must keep his identity as the Silver Knight secret. Meanwhile, Silvia's sister, Veronica, the First Princess, decides to visit her little sister at the academy.|
|5||"Ice Blue Princess"
"Aisu Burū Purinsesu" (蒼氷姫君（アイスブループリンセス）)
|May 3, 2014|
|After Veronica humiliates Silvia in public, she tells her of plans to engage her to a knight.|
"Ao no Buryūnaku" (青の聖騎銃（ブリューナク）)
|May 10, 2014|
|Veronica orders Silvia to pray for forgiveness for her weakness at the church. While there, the church is taken over by a group of bandits led by the guerrilla, Avdocha Kiltzkaya, who threatens to bomb the church with everyone in it. Ash goes in to negotiate with her, while Veronica initiates her plan to save everyone even though initially she planned to let Avdocha Kiltzkaya blow up the church. This ultimately results in Silvia and the citizens being saved.|
"Rukka Sārinen" (ルッカ・サーリネン)
|May 17, 2014|
|After Ash is chosen to go to a training camp, they find out about the last student council member named Lucca . Lucca has a greater reputation than that of the student council president. She has a problem with her Dragon, Gawain, and its up to the student council members as friends to help her.|
"Gekka no Hōkō" (月下の咆哮)
|May 24, 2014|
|After arriving at the training camp, the student council continues their efforts to talk to Gawain. After managing to get on Gawain's back, Ash is knocked out and speaks with Gawain in the Highdragon Workshop. While there, Ash finds out that the reason Gawain will not let Lucca ride him is because the two had an accident recently. He does not want to put her in danger like he did before.|
"Kiryū Enbu" (騎竜演舞)
|May 31, 2014|
|After Gawain goes missing, it is up to Ash, Silvia, and Eco to help Lucca find him. Meanwhile, the camp is attacked by a horde of Necromancia. Students and staff fight them off. The group finds Gawain, but Milgauss is there with a large Necromancia Dragon. The group defeats him and the dragon. They kill the Necromancia dragons at the school and rescue Gawain.|
|10||"Assembly in Fontaine"
"Shūketsu no Miyako Fontīn" (集結の都、フォンティーン)
|June 7, 2014|
|Silvia, Ash, and Eco are invited to the capital by Silvia's father so he can meet them. Upon reaching the capital, Silvia meets up with her father. Ash and Eco explore the city. Once Ash meets Silvia's father, he appoints him as a Dragonar. Meanwhile, an evil group plots behind the scenes and wait to start their plan to kidnap Eco and awaken her dragon form.|
"Yugudorashiru Kidō" (ユグドラシル起動)
|June 14, 2014|
|After a realization that she will never be with Ash, Eco runs off. While outside and away from everyone, Eco is kidnapped by the evil group. While Silvia and Ash search for her, they find out she was abducted. After they realize this, they go to rescue her.|
|12||"The Star-Branded Dragonar"
"Seikoku no Doragunā" (星刻の竜騎士（ドラグナー）)
|June 21, 2014|
|The evil group complete their plan and force Eco into her dragon form. Eco is then possessed by the spirit who formally resided in Silvia's brother's body. Eco loses control of her body and wreaks havoc on the city. This causes Ash to jump into action. Ash ventures into Eco's mind. He fights and defeats the spirit. Ash returns Eco to her human form and saves the city.|
- "Dragonar Academy Light Novel Series Gets Anime". Anime News Network. July 27, 2013. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- "星刻の竜騎士Character" (in Japanese). Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- 星刻の竜騎士（ドラグナー） (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "星刻の竜騎士II" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "星刻の竜騎士III" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "星刻の竜騎士IV" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "星刻の竜騎士V" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "星刻の竜騎士VI" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "星刻の竜騎士VII" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "星刻の竜騎士VIII" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "星刻の竜騎士IX" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "星刻の竜騎士X" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "星刻の竜騎士XI" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- "星刻の竜騎士XII" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- "星刻の竜騎士XIII" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 28, 2013.
- "星刻の竜騎士XIV" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "星刻の竜騎士XV" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "星刻の竜騎士XVI" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "星刻の竜騎士 17" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- "星刻の竜騎士 18" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- "星刻の竜騎士 19" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- "星刻の竜騎士 20" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved October 27, 2015.
- "星刻の竜騎士 ドラマCD" (in Japanese). Amazon.com. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "MF文庫J10周年記念イメージソング コンピレーションアルバム「うたJ」" (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "Comic Alive, June 2011 issue" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- 星刻の竜騎士 1 (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- 星刻の竜騎士 4 (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- "Seven Seas Adds Dragonar Academy Romantic Comedy Manga". Anime News Network. May 24, 2013. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- "Seven Seas Entertainment". Seven Seas Entertainment. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- 星刻の竜騎士 2 (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- 星刻の竜騎士 3 (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- 星刻の竜騎士 5 (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved February 9, 2017.
- 星刻の竜騎士 6 (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved February 9, 2017.
- 星刻の竜騎士 7 (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved February 9, 2017.
- 星刻の竜騎士 8 (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved February 9, 2017.
- 星刻の竜騎士 9 (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved February 9, 2017.
- 星刻の竜騎士 10 (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved February 9, 2017.
- 星刻の竜騎士 11 (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved February 9, 2017.
- 星刻の竜騎士 12 (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved February 9, 2017.
- 星刻の竜騎士 13 (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved February 9, 2017.