Dragonfly Forest is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization providing overnight camping experiences for children with autism and other medical needs. The camp is located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, United States. Its office is located in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania. The camp's primary goal is to help each child to feel like a regular kid.
Dragonfly Forest, Inc. was founded in 2002 and held their first camp in 2006. Dragonfly Forest serves over 400 campers per year. Dragonfly Forest is designed to provide a unique educational environment. In a recent study, 91.2% of campers realized they had many talents while at the camp. The camp is financed in part by the annual Community Clothes Charity sale, which donates its profits to the camp.
As of 29 October 2009, this article is derived in whole or in part from dragonflyforest.org. The copyright holder has licensed the content in a manner that permits reuse under CC BY-SA 3.0 and GFDL. All relevant terms must be followed. The original text was at "Dragonfly Forest".
- "Dragonfly Forest - A Fun Camp for Children with Serious Diseases". Health News Digest. June 14, 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- fweiner (Summer 2008). "Dragonfly Forest: Wehre Kids Can Be Themselves". Oprah Angel Network. Retrieved February 11, 2011.
- Key, Peter (31 March 2008). "For autistic children, Dragonfly Forest spawns a getaway".
- "Austism Camp: Dragonfly Forest Camp".
- Buckman, Amy (October 28, 2009). "Community Clothes Charity sale offers deals". WPVI. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
|This article related to camping is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|