Dragora GNU/Linux-Libre with Xfce
|Developer||Matías A. Fonzo|
|Initial release||March 13, 2009|
|Latest release||3.0-alpha2 / September 28, 2018|
|Kernel type||Monolithic (Linux-libre)|
|Default user interface||Xfce|
|License||Exclusively free licenses per GNU Free System Distribution Guidelines (GNU FSDG), GPLv3 or later|
Dragora GNU/Linux-Libre is an Argentine GNU/Linux distribution It is written from scratch sharing some similarities with Slackware. It has a simple packaging system that allows installing, removing, upgrading and creating packages, although the system may be challenging to new users. As it only packages free software and uses the Linux-libre kernel, the Free Software Foundation endorses Dragora. Dragora is considered to be based on the "Keep it simple, stupid" (KISS) principle, believed by the authors to be a strength. Dragora can be downloaded from the web site or bought on CD.
The following list of releases includes the release date and the code name used by the project.
- Dragora 1.0 Beta 1: June 13th, 2008 - "hell".
- Dragora 1.0 Beta 2: September 18th, 2008.
- Dragora 1.0 Release Candidate 1: February 12th, 2009.
- Dragora 1.0 Stable: March 13th, 2009 - "starlight".
- Dragora 1.1 Release Candidate 1: August 25th, 2009.
- Dragora 1.1 Stable: Octubre 8th, 2009 - "stargazer".
- Dragora 2.0 Release Candidate 1: January 24th, 2010.
- Dragora 2.0 Release Candidate 2: March 28th, 2010.
- Dragora 2.0 Stable: April 13th, 2010 - "ardi".
- Dragora 2.1 Release Candidate 1: December 4th, 2010.
- Dragora 2.1 Stable: December 31st, 2010 - "dio".
- Dragora 2.2 Release Candidate 1: March 2nd, 2012.
- Dragora 2.2 Stable: April 21st, 2012 - "rafaela".
- Dragora 3.0 Alpha 1: December 31st, 2017.
- Dragora 3.0 Alpha 2: September 28th, 2018.
Since Dragora 2 the init system 'Runit' is used.
- Package management, Dragora Wiki, archived from the original on 2014-04-16
- Dragora GNU/Linux-Libre Project Goals: What are the goals of the project? Archived August 14, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Bruce Byfield: Eight Completely Free Linux Distros (And One More) earthweb.com, 2011.
- Dragora GNU/Linux-Libre 1.0 – Una distribución sólo para usuarios avanzados Archived 2011-07-18 at the Wayback Machine Zona Linux, 2009.
- "List of Free GNU/Linux Distributions - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)". Gnu.org. Retrieved 2010-06-11.
- Why should I use Dragora?
- OSDisc.com - Buy Dragora CDs and DVDs - New Releases. Low Prices. osdisc.com, 2011.
- Welcome to Linux Cd.org - Dragora linuxcd.org, 2011.
- "faq:general [Dragora Wiki]". Archived from the original on 2016-01-28.