Drake's Brewing Company
|Predecessor||Lind Brewing Company|
Drake's Brewing Company is a craft brewery in San Leandro, California. The company started in 1989 as a wholesale-only kegged beer seller under the name Lind Brewing, after company founder, Roger Lind. Drake's operates out of the old Caterpillar Inc. production facility located behind a Walmart. In 2008, Drake's was sold to the owners of Triple Rock Brewery and Alehouse, a brewpub in Berkeley, California.
In 2015, Drake's opened a new taproom in an old car dealership building in Oakland, called Drake's Dealership. In 2018, Drake's opened a taproom, restaurant and events center in West Sacramento called The Barn.
Drake's operates a small taproom inside its barrel aging warehouse. Most of the barrel aged beers are unique to the taproom and are not usually available for growler or keg fills; Drake's first bottling of a barrel aged beer, Reunion Barley Wine Ale, occurred in 2013.
|1500 Pale||Pale Ale||2014 California State Fair Bronze, 2010 World Beer Cup Silver, 2008 Great American Beer Festival Silver|
|Amber||Extra Special Bitter||2004 World Beer Cup Silver|
|Black Robusto Porter||Robust Porter||2014 California State Fair Silver, 2013 Great American Beer Festival Silver|
|Denogginizer||Imperial India Pale Ale||2009 Great American Beer Festival Silver|
|Drake's Gold[i]||Blonde/Golden Ales||1991 Great American Beer Festival Bronze|
|IPA||India Pale Ale||2004 World Beer Cup Bronze, 2002 Great American Beer Festival Gold|
|Rye Robusto||Wood and Barrel-Aged Beer||2016 Great American Beer Festival Bronze|
|Santa's Brass||Barley Wine||2018 Great American Beer Festival Gold|
- brewed as Lind Brewing Company
- Fullpint, Jonny. "Drake's Brewery Sold to Triple Rock". The Full Pint. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Miller, Nick (13 June 2013). "Ultimate Bay Area beer day trip". Sacramento News & Review. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Brand, William (October 6, 2008), "San Leandro craft brewery sold to Triple Rock", Oakland Tribune, archived from the original on June 11, 2014.
- Pape, Allie (24 July 2013). "Drake's/Jupiter Team Opening Oakland Beer Garden". Vox Media, Inc. San Francisco Eater. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Bitker, Janelle (18 October 2018). "Drake's Brewing Opening Massive Restaurant, Bar, and Entertainment Venue in Sacramento". Vox Media, Inc. San Francisco Eater.
- "2014 California State Fair Commercial Craft Brew Competition" (PDF). www.northerncalbrewers.com/. Northern California Brewers Guild. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
|This food and/or confectionery corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|