Drake's Brewing Company
|Predecessor||Lind Brewing Company|
|Headquarters||San Leandro, CA, United States|
Drake's Brewing Company is a brewery in San Leandro, California, USA. The company started in 1989 as a wholesale-only kegged beer seller under the name Lind Brewing, after company founder, Roger Lind. Drake's operates out of the old Caterpillar Inc. production facility, famously located behind a Wal-mart. In 2008, Drake's was sold to the owners of Triple Rock Brewery and Alehouse, a brewpub in Berkeley, California.
Drake's operates a small tap room inside its barrel aging warehouse where growlers and kegs may be filled or purchased in addition to serving beer by the glass and bottle. Most of the barrel aged beers are unique to the tap room and are not usually available for growler or keg fills; Drake's first bottling of a barrel aged beer, Reunion Barley Wine Ale, occurred in 2013.
|1500||Pale Ale||2014 California State Fair Bronze, 2010 World Beer Cup Silver, 2008 Great American Beer Festival Silver|
|Amber||Extra Special Bitter||2004 World Beer Cup Silver|
|Black Robusto||Robust Porter||2014 California State Fair Silver, 2013 Great American Beer Festival Silver|
|Denogginizer||Imperial India Pale Ale||2009 Great American Beer Festival Silver|
|Drake's Gold[i]||Gold Ale||1991 Great American Beer Festival Bronze|
|IPA||India Pale Ale||2004 World Beer Cup Bronze, 2002 Great American Beer Festival Gold|
- brewed as Lind Brewing Company
- Fullpint, Jonny. "Drake's Brewery Sold to Triple Rock". The Full Pint. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Miller, Nick (13 June 2013). "Ultimate Bay Area beer day trip". Sacramento News & Review. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Brand, William (October 6, 2008), "San Leandro craft brewery sold to Triple Rock", Oakland Tribune.
- Pape, Allie (24 July 2013). "Drake's/Jupiter Team Opening Oakland Beer Garden". Vox Media, Inc. San Francisco Eater. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "2014 California State Fair Commercial Craft Brew Competition" (PDF). www.northerncalbrewers.com/. Northern California Brewers Guild. Retrieved 14 March 2015.