Fayetteville Executive Airport
|Owner||City of Fayetteville|
|Operator||City of Fayetteville|
|Elevation AMSL||1,251 ft / 381 m|
Drake Field (IATA: FYV, ICAO: KFYV, FAA LID: FYV) is a city-owned public-use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) south of the central business district of Fayetteville, in Washington County, Arkansas, United States. It is also known as Fayetteville Executive Airport and was formerly known as Fayetteville Municipal Airport.
Drake Field served as the commercial airport for Northwest Arkansas until the opening of the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA) in Highfill, Arkansas. The original Frontier Airlines (1950-1986) introduced the first scheduled jet service at Drake Field during the late 1970s with Boeing 737-200 jetliner flights to Dallas/Ft. Worth via an intermediate stop in Fort Smith. Frontier was also operating Convair 580 turboprop flights at this same time with nonstop service to Dallas/Ft. Worth as well as direct service to Kansas City, Little Rock, Memphis, St. Louis and Tulsa. The airport was also previously served by Central Airlines with Convair 600 turboprops and Douglas DC-3 prop aircraft before Central was acquired by Frontier in 1967.
Facilities and aircraft
The airport covers an area of 631 acres (255 ha) at an elevation of 1,251 feet (381 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 16/34 with an asphalt surface measuring 6,006 by 100 feet (1,831 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending April 30, 2009, the airport had 35,267 aircraft operations, an average of 96 per day: 97% general aviation, 2% air taxi, 1% military, and <1% scheduled commercial. At that time there were 85 aircraft based at this airport: 81% single-engine, 8% multi-engine, 9% jet and 1% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for FYV ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 29 July 2010.
- Fayetteville Executive Airport Archived August 20, 2008, at the Wayback Machine., official site
- http://www.departedflights.com, March 2, 1977 Frontier Airlines system timetable
- Fayetteville Executive Airport (Drake Field) at City of Fayetteville web site
- Aerial image as of 28 February 2001 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective May 25, 2017
- FAA Terminal Procedures for FYV, effective May 25, 2017
- Resources for this airport: