Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical
|Drama Desk Award
for Outstanding Featured Actor
|Awarded for||Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical|
|Presented by||Drama Desk|
|Currently held by||Christopher Fitzgerald for Waitress (2016)|
The Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical is an annual award presented by Drama Desk in recognition of achievements in the theatre among Broadway, Off Broadway and Off-Off Broadway productions. The awards were established in 1955, with acting awards being given without making distinctions between roles in plays and musicals, or actors and actresses. The new award categories were later created in the 1975 ceremony.
† - indicates the performance won the Tony Award
‡ - indicates the performance was also nominated for the Tony Award
§- indicates the performance was nominated for the Tony Award in the Leading Category
Winners and nominees
- Laurence Olivier Award for Best Performance in a Supporting Role in a Musical
- Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role in a Musical
- Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Musical
- "Drama Desk Award for Featured Actor in a Musical". Internet Broadway Database. 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-21.
- 2002 New York Times article