A study by Prelec and Duncan Simester showed that people buying tickets to sporting events would be willing to pay significantly higher prices using credit cards than they would for cash purchases. Prelec also devised a system for eliciting more truthful answers to polls based on paired questions in which one question of each pair asks about the respondent's own opinion and the other asks the respondent to estimate others' opinions. Prelec is of Croatian descent.
- "Faculty & Research: Drazen Prelec". MIT Sloan School of Management. Retrieved 2015-08-03.
- Nichols, Michelle (June 4, 2004). "The crazy logic of a successful sale". Business Week..
- Morin, Richard (February 17, 2002). "Don't leave home with it". The Washington Post. p. B5. (Subscription required (. ))
- Rosato, Donna (June 17, 2008). "Life without plastic". CNN. Archived from the original on December 23, 2009.
- Harford, Tim (March 19, 2009). "Your Brain on Credit". Forbes.
- McKee, Maggie (October 14, 2004). "Mathematical "truth serum" promotes honesty". NewScientist.