Dream On, Dreamer
|Dream On, Dreamer|
Dream On, Dreamer Live In Cologne (2013)
|Origin||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Genres||Post-hardcore, electronicore, screamo|
|Labels||We Are Unified (2009–2014)
Triple Vision (2010–2014)
|Associated acts||The Getaway Plan, State of East London, Goodbye Armadale, Francis Dolarhyde, Arpejio, Electrik Dynamite|
The band released two EPs and three albums. The first EP Set Sail, Armada was released on 3 July 2009. Almost a year later, Dream On, Dreamer published the second EP called Hope on Boomtown Records and Triple Vision Records. After signing contracts with Rise Records and UNFD the band released the debut album Heartbound in August 2011. It was charted in the Australian Albums Charts and got nominated for an ARIA Music Award for the best Rock/Metal album of the year. Their second album Loveless followed in 2013. The third record, Songs of Soulitude was released on November 13, 2015 as independent release and peaked on no. 29 in the official Australian Albums Charts.
The band toured North America, Europe, Japan and Australia several times and played at the 2012s and 2014s Soundwave Festival. The band shared stage with bands like Pierce the Veil, Memphis May Fire, Deez Nuts, Avenged Sevenfold, Confide, A Day to Remember and Silverstein.
Formation and beginning (2009-2010)
Dream On, Dreamer was formed in Melbourne, Victoria in 2009 with vocalist Marcel Gadacz, lead guiarist Callan Orr, drummer Scott Mac, bassist and backing vocalist Michael McLeod, rhythm guitarist Luke Domic and keyboarder Daniel Jungwirth in the original line-up. After some line-up changes, Marcel Gadacz, Michael McLeod, Luke Domic, Aaron Fiocca (drums), Callan Orr and Daniel Jungwirth started working on their debut EP which is called Set Sail, Armada. The EP was released on 3 July 2009.
Their second EP, Hope, was released almost a year later, via Boomtown Records. The band supported Pierce the Veil between 9–19 September 2010, in Australia and New Zealand. Before forming Dream On, Dreamer, the musicians were members of several bands such as Francis Dolarhyde, State of East London, Electrik Dynamite, Goodbye Armadale, Arpejio and The Dream the Chase.
After signing a record deal with Rise Records and UNFD the band released their debut album Heartbound on 21 August 2011 which was produced by Cameron Mizell who worked for acts like This Romantic Tragedy, Sleeping with Sirens and A Skylit Drive. It peaked on #38 at the Australian Albums Charts and got nominated at the ARIA Music Awards for the Best Rock/Metal Albums of 2011.
In July 2011, the band was invited to be part of the Welcome to the Family Tour by Avenged Sevenfold which performed throughout Australia. Dream On, Dreamer replaced Sevendust which cancelled several weeks before the tour start. In October 2011, the band toured together with We Came as Romans and The Devil Wears Prada on the Dead Throne Australia Tour. In New Zealand, the bands toured together with Saving Grace. Before that tour the band shared stage with Memphis May Fire and The Color Morale which led throughout Belgium, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Austria, Italy and the Netherlands.
In January and February 2012, Dream On, Dreamer toured throughout the United States as support for Attack Attack!, Sleeping with Sirens, The Ghost Inside and Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!. In February and March, the band toured Soundwave Festival for the first time. The band played two side-shows with Underoath during the festival. In August and September 2012, the band toured their Homebound Tour with In Hearts Wake, For the Fallen Dreams and Hand of Mercy as support acts. The debut album was re-released as a Tour Edition including some bonus songs and a documentary DVD. In November, Michael McLeod left the band due to his girlfriends pregnancy. Daniel Jungwirth replaced him as bassist and so the six-piece band became a quintet. In November and December 2012, Dream On, Dreamer were part of the Mayhem Tour. The band shared stage with In Fear and Faith, Make Them Suffer and Saviour.
At the beginning of 2013, rhythm guitarist Luke Domic decided to leave Dream On, Dreamer and was replaced by Zachary Britt of The Dream, The Chase who also became the clean vocalist of the group. The band got dropped by Rise Records. In March and April 2013, Dream On, Dreamer played their second European Tour as support for Abandon All Ships, No Bragging Rights and For the Fallen Dreams. Their second album entitled Loveless was released worldwide on 28 June 2013 via UNFD. The album got peaked at #29 at the ARIA Albums Charts for one week. Between 12–18 July 2013, the band supported A Day to Remember and The Devil Wears Prada in Australia. In September, the band played in Japan for the first time. The band had to play some of their gigs without their original drummer Aaron Fiocca, due to him being diagnosed with cancer.
In the end of October 2013, the band toured Australia on their Loveless Tour with support of A Skylit Drive, No Bragging Rights and Hellions. The band was support alongside Palisades for Silverstein during their Europe tour in the End of 2013.
Songs of Soulitude (2014-present)
In the middle of January 2014, the band stated they were working on new songs for their third record which does not have a release date yet. In February and March 2014, the band were part of the Soundwave Festival. In April 2014, the band announced their split-up with Daniel Jungwirth and shortly after, they found their replacement; former guitarist of House vs. Hurricane, Chris Shaw.
On 8 August 2014, the band released a new song called "Darkness Brought Me Here". On June 15 2015, the song "Don't Lose Your Heart" was released. Both songs are stand alone singles and won't be a part of the upcoming third studio album. On August 11, 2015 the band announced that the album will be entitled Songs of Soulitude which is now available for pre-order, despite the band not having an official release date. The band also stated that they will be picking a fan who has pre-ordered the album and will be writing a song about them.
Dream On, Dreamer play a classic version of post-hardcore with a blend of electronic music which can be heard on their debut album Heartbound so the band could also be described as an electronicore band. According to German online magazine Allschools Network, their musical style is similar to Attack Attack!. The British Rock Sound describes their music as being very similar to metalcore.
On their second album, Loveless, the sound of Dream On, Dreamer is described as being more melodic than their previous records. One of the reasons explaining this change was that Daniel Jungwirth had changed instruments from keyboard to bass guitar, and electronic passages on the album were arranged with Backtracking. In comparison with their debut record, Dream On, Dreamer used less electronic samples on Loveless. The music on Loveless was primarily written by Callan Orr. The band has extensively worked together to create their new album.
- Current members
- Marcel Gadacz – lead vocals (2008 – present)
- Callan Orr – lead guitar (2008 – present)
- Zachary Britt – rhythm guitar, clean vocals (2013 – present)
- Chris Shaw - bass (2014 – present)
- Past members
- Scott Mac – drums (2008-2009)
- Michael "Mcoy" McLeod – bass, clean vocals (2008-2012)
- Luke Domic – rhythm guitar (2008-2013)
- Daniel Jungwirth – keyboards, synthesizers, piano, samples (2008-2014), bass (2013-2014)
- Aaron Fiocca – drums (2009 – 2015)
|Year||Details||Peak chart positions|
|2015||Songs of Soulitude
|2009||Sails Set, Armada
- "Downfall" (2011)
- "Midnight Thoughts" (2012)
- "A Thousand Miles" (Vanessa Carlton cover) (2012)
- "The World in Front of Me" (2013)
- "Darkness Brought Me Here" (2014)
- "Don't Lose Your Heart" (2015)
- "Vertigo" (2015)
- "Ambitions" (2010)
- "Chapter: Desired Permanence" (2010)
- "Downfall" (2011)
- "The World In Front Of Me" (2013)
- "Neverlove" (2013)
- "Infinity" (2014)
- "Darkness Brought Me Here" (2014)
- "Don't Lose Your Heart" (2015)
- "Vertigo" (2015)
- Sean Reid: Alter the Press!: Pierce The Veil Australia and Japan Dates
- Grant Trimboli: Under the Gun Review: Dream On, Dreamer signs with Rise Records
- Charts: DE – AT – CH - AU
- take40.com: 2011 ARIA Nominations Announced - Full List Here!
- Amy Lee Freshwater: Avenged Sevenfold + Dream On Dreamer - Sydney Entertainment Centre. Englisch. Online auf theaureview.com vom 30. Juli 2011.
- Kriston McConnell: Under the Gun Review: The Devil Wears Prada announce Australian Tour
- savinggrace.com: October Tour Dates with Dream On DREAMER (Rise Records)
- Grant Trimboli: Under the Gun Review: Memphis May Fire announces European tour
- Tori Thomas: Under the Gun Review: Attack Attack! announces Winter Headliner
- MARCUS: TheVine: Soundwave 2012 announces second line-up
- Brayden Darke: musicfeeds.com.au: Underoath / Dream On Dreamer Australian Tour 2012 – Soundwave Sidewaves
- Bomber: Bombshell Zine: Video Clip – In Hearts Wake – ‘Traveller (The Fool)’
- Jack Stovin: Altsounds: Deluxe CD/DVD and Movember Mayhem Tour!
- Grant Trimboli: Under the Gun Review: Dream On, DREAMER AUDITIONING FOR SINGER
- Mike Hohnen: Music Feeds: Dream On, Dreamer, In Fear And Faith To Feature On Movember Mayhem Tour
- chuckingamosh.com: Dream On Dreamer announce new album ‘Loveless’ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "mosh" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Dark Lord: Stormbringer.at: FOR THE FALLEN DREAMS - Europa Tour Dates inkl. 2 Ö-Gigs! (German)
- Tom Mann: Faster Louder: A Day To Remember, The Devil Wears Prada, Dream On Dreamer tour
- Brian Kraus: Alternative Press: Dream On Dreamer stream new album, ‘Loveless’
- Greg Moskovitch: Music Feeds: Dream On, Dreamer Announce National Headlining Tour With A Skylit Drive
- Dark Lord: Stormbringer.at: Dream On DREAMER & SILVERSTEIN - European Tour Dates inkl. Graz Konzert! (German)
- SOSGermany: Outspoken Magazine: Dream On DREAMER starten mit den Arbeiten an neuem Album (German)
- Metal Storm: Soundwave Festival 2014 - Second Announcement
- Facebook: Offizielles Statement der Band
- Greg Moskovitch: The Music: In Hearts Wake ‘Earthwalker’ National Tour Announced
- Greg Moskovitch: Tone Deaf: AUSSIE BAND DREAM ON DREAMER WANT TO RECORD A SONG JUST FOR YOU
- Mitch: Allschools Network: Heartbound Review (German)
- Chris Hidden: Rock Sound: Heartbound Review
- Tori Hyland: loudmag.com.au: Hearbound Review